1/48th Panzer IVH

Silver Fox

This is just a placeholder, as I'd completely forgotten signing up for this one two years ago!.

Anyway a quick trip to Halifax Modellers World resulted in this  little marvel.

IMGP7108

Due to Christmas and an Airfix Blenheim I'll not get much done this year but This is my start of 2019.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't built a German tank in a while, and I remembered why, all those blooming wheels: so onwards and upwards, they were the first thing to start.

PZIV 1

The flash has washed the colour a little they are much darker in normal light. But with them done and the crew on their  way, I 'm ready to take it to the Saturday morning model club at Hemsworth Library where I can crack on with the Hull and turret.

• Like 2

Back from Hemsworth Library. A really good model club meeting involving breakfast at Tesco's and a lot of chat.

Thanks to Plasto for recommending the Tamiya zimmerit which arrived just in time to go to the ,meeting. I was I bit surprised it wasn't pre cut but I'm very happy with the result.

PZIV 2

Once the suspension is in place painting of the hull will commence. The wheels are now assembled so cracking on nicely.

• Like 4

Hi SilverFox. Looks like you have made good progress. Can I please ask - did you use Tamiya's Zimmerit on the sides of the lower hull? And, if so, how did you find it? I have got some and just wondering what it is like to use.

Kind regards,

Stix

I had some bench time at a modelling friends yesterday so the IVH got some more attention.

PZIV 3

The zimmerit was very fiddlely in places but well worth it. I'll get the lower hull base coated this weekend and attend to the section that is peeling on the front quarter. Wheels and tracks next.

PZIV 4

• Like 7

PZIV 7

Base coat on the Hull and turret, the lower hull  and upper are just positioned together at the moment. lots of detail parts to add but after seeing others  fabulous work on the Schuzen I need to up my game.

PZIV 8

I'll have to have a look at the plastic bits and see what I can do.

• Like 1

I'm calling this one finished it is meant to represent a Panzer Iv in the summer of 1944. Dusty with just a smear of mud on the running gear. 

PZIV 9

I do need to apply more matt varnish to the turret sides the flash has really picked up the facets.

PZIV 10PZIV 11

Thanks for hosting this and getting me back into building tanks.

• Like 3

Well done Silver Fox - it certaily looks superb in the gallery! Very well done. :clap2:

I will look forward to your next tank build then! 

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1