1/48 - Sukhoi Su-27/30 "Flanker" family by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) - Su-27/P/UB "Flanker-B/-C", Su-30SM/MKI "Flanker-H" released - new Su-30MKM/MK/MKA/SME boxing in 2023

Homebee

2 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

Oh, never heard of it before... I thought most large firms would use NX or CATIA, or perhaps Solidworks... How does Creo compare? I'm a Rhino used myself so I can only marvel at NX etc. but I still get the job done, eventually :)

J

Creo used to be known as Pro-Engineer (Pro-E), excellent piece of Software used by lots of big companies. On a par with Catia. They used to say if you were designing a car you'd use Catia for the surfacing and Pro-E for the engine and gearbox.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

Oh, never heard of it before... I thought most large firms would use NX or CATIA, or perhaps Solidworks... How does Creo compare? I'm a Rhino used myself so I can only marvel at NX etc. but I still get the job done, eventually :)

J

Creo was called Pro/ENGINEER back in the day, it has just been rebranded a couple of times when they started to run out of numbers. They started with the Pro/E 1-20-2001, then it was rebranded Pro/E Wildfire 1-5, and finally Creo. Currently up to version 8 or so, so I expect another name change soon :)

Pro/E was the first parametric CAD-tool back in 1987, and has been favored by designs for casting, forging and so on. Catia has had a greater focus on surface modelling, better suited for crunching sheet metal.

Now, they are more or less equal (like MacOS/Windows or iOS/Android)

I've been using it professionally for 16 years now, so I'm quite at home with it's way of working.

(I forgot to answer yesterday but Richard already did so maybe this is thread drifting to a unnecessary level...)

Thank you very much, every day is a school day :) Reading about its complexity I guess I'd better steer clear (let alone the cost of course)... I've been using Rhino now for about 8 years but I think I only explored and mastered about 1/10 of it's functions. But CAD is only ONE tool of many I use, sometimes weeks pass without touching CAD.

Back to the Flanker: I received my Su-27 (Flanker B ) today ... wow what a kit, such detailed parts right out of the box!

J

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/24/2021 at 3:52 PM, Muzz said:

Mmmmm🤤, time to sell my Kitty Hawk kit!

GWH it definitely comes with slightly more weapons than the KH kit ;)

not so sure as of yet if selling it is a great idea.. better build it I thought, or it may get a collectors item :D , as KH went out of business just after releasing it  :( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveJL said:

Nice! Definitely have to get a couple of those! Does anyone know if there are any major visual differences between the SM and MKI?

Color and markings..... :devil:

There is also the MKA and MKM, which have slightly different sensors, RWRs,..   

Weapons.... India has dome indigenous stuff like Bramos and Astra missiles, and I think an Israeli targeting pod...

I'd be interested in the specific cockpit layouts!

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Sukhoi Su-27/30 "Flanker" family by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) - Su-27/UB "Flanker-B/-C" released - Su-30SM "Flanker-H" in March 2022
23 hours ago, exdraken said:

Color and markings..... :devil:

There is also the MKA and MKM, which have slightly different sensors, RWRs,..   

Weapons.... India has dome indigenous stuff like Bramos and Astra missiles, and I think an Israeli targeting pod...

I'd be interested in the specific cockpit layouts!

I've some Indian decals so will work well!

23 hours ago, Duncan B said:

Having just finished their Su-35S I am buzzing to get my hands on this one.

Duncan B

A nice job you did there too Duncan! If you're getting the Su-30s in, I'll take several!

2 minutes ago, David W said:

I’d be excited but their Flanker B hasn’t arrived here yet so who knows when this one will arrive! 😭 😭 

It's available from several stores online mate!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, David W said:

I’d be excited but their Flanker B hasn’t arrived here yet so who knows when this one will arrive! 😭 😭 

Yes it has, if your quick you might grab the last one in stock, all the details here: 

Duncan B

Mods please remove if you think I'm being a bit too blatant

5 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

DXM decals in Taiwan make a nice UA decal set.

DXM

Wow, indeed!

Not sure  but maybe with a strong decal setting solution this could work out... I was preferring the way more complicated  but oop DN Models mask set initially...

Any one having experience with DXM?

4 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Wow, indeed!

Not sure  but maybe with a strong decal setting solution this could work out... I was preferring the way more complicated  but oop DN Models mask set initially...

I will use a decal and masks set from Foxbot Decals, on my GWH Su-27UB. They are still available and easy to use.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dreamwriter said:

Yes, but only the once and some years ago, fast shipping and a quality service, very pleased all round , a very good choice of colour schemes with some very lovely reproductions.   😉 

• Thanks 1

Released

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Great.Wall.Hobby/posts/639947740759910

G.W.H (Great Wall Hobby) the first work of 2022 finally hit the market, which let us wait a long time. The L4830 SU-30SM is also the Great Wall Hobby's first version of the Christmas box, which was unveiled in the first quarter of the New Year to great surprise. But it's definitely something worth waiting for, and there will be unexpected gifts when it comes out, and the Eastereo eggs are coming soon.

Christmas Special Edition (Once only) [Figure 1]

Future copies [Figure 2]

The SU-30SM is the masterpiece of the Su-27 family. It inherits the salient features of the original SU-27 and foreshadows the final SU-35. At the same time, the canard design on both sides of the bow adds a personalized appearance.

So far, the Great Wall model SU-27 family series of main models of the product line are basically all covered.

L4830 1/48 SU-30SM as a starting force, more than 80% of the plates in the kit are new die. As 1/48 series of products, Great Wall focuses on the operability of model making while pursuing details reduction.

The kit comes with a wealth of ordnance, decals and printing scheme (11 weapons, new dedicated electronic pods, and 8 schemes).

Boxing one

275500940-639819050772779-50081208429511

Boxing two

275610544-639819010772783-75848489498405

275600639-639819124106105-23347756181676

275558083-639819020772782-58920439981978275601554-639819007439450-43176344581251

V.P.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2