1/48 - Sukhoi Su-27/30 "Flanker" family by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) - Su-27/P/UB "Flanker-B/-C", Su-30SM/MKI "Flanker-H" released - new Su-30MKM/MK/MKA/SME boxing in 2023

Homebee

11 hours ago, PouK9 said:

Exactly. 37th has new wings, new fins, new engines, canards, cockpit...

We are talking Su-35 and Su-37 prototypes here, no?

Not the later foward swept Su-47!

Afiak the Mk high fins , very similar canards to the Mki/SM, wings? an additional pylon come to my mind, o ly the Su-37 one-off had the thrust vector control nozzles, 

2 wheel front landing grear

The was a SOL and Wolfpack-d conversion for the Academy kit....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, exdraken said:

Oh bugger... I think I want one..... :)

Just the one? :lol:

Think I'll be going for a nice Kazak scheme firstly, with the Litening pod and some air to ground ordnance!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, March said:

I think I want one plus one plus one plus one plus... 

Likewise!

If it's anything like their Su-35 kit, it will be brilliant.

My fingers are firmly crossed for a Su-30SM/MKI/MKA/MKM series!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaveJL said:

My fingers are firmly crossed for a Su-30SM/MKI/MKA/MKM series!

Yeah... but that is the one nobody seems to like to tool for us :(

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 11:01 PM, exdraken said:

Oh bugger... I think I want one..... :)

I buy all GWH kits and swore I wasn’t going to buy this one as the stash is too big and I’m trying to downsize.

Bugger-all, I’m sold on this one too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know I'm late to the party with this post/question, but I have the GWH Su-35s, still in the box, untouched.  As I understand it, the Su-35 is an enhancement of the Su-27, with very little to differentiate them, visually, as would be the case for a scale model.   Is there really a good reason for me to get the new Su-27?  Would there be a real difference in having both completed kits side by side?  Just curious about others' opinions.  It sounds like the Su-27 is a fantastic kit, but so is the Su-35s.  Thoughts?

It’s obviously up to the individual and what their specific interest is in, I have built the KH Su-35, Academy Su-30, HB Su-27UB and I have a HB Su-27B in the stash but I’m still eyeing up the GWH Su-27UB release as I know it’ll have superb detail and there are countless colour schemes in which to build one.

Your question is the same as if you had a F-15E Strike Eagle in the stash but someone had just released a new all singing and dancing Eagle A or B kit. It all comes down to if the subject interests you or not.

• Like 1

@Curt B

GWH releases first the 2 seaster. There is no 2 seater of the current Su-35, in the real world....

The single seater is to follow though it seems.

The rest is up to you! If you start reading up on the Flanker in earnest, be careful, as it could be you need many more kits.... some not even done yet :devil:

The Su-27 and -35 have different hight vertical tails shape, nozzles, nose cone shape, front wheels, cockpit detail, weapons and of course colors/ markings and even operators....but still it looks like a Flanker of course....

so yes, you need one... ;)

but while you decude on that and wait for its release, build the Su-35!

On 9/20/2020 at 1:37 AM, Curt B said:

I know I'm late to the party with this post/question, but I have the GWH Su-35s, still in the box, untouched.  As I understand it, the Su-35 is an enhancement of the Su-27, with very little to differentiate them, visually, as would be the case for a scale model.   Is there really a good reason for me to get the new Su-27?  Would there be a real difference in having both completed kits side by side?  Just curious about others' opinions.  It sounds like the Su-27 is a fantastic kit, but so is the Su-35s.  Thoughts?

Only you can answer such a question as it depends on your interests in Flanker variants and time-periods and any suggestion would be highly subjective.

Since you didn't provide much context, from your question I'd presume you're not interested in the Cold War period, but are more into more modern Flanker variants? In that case, I'd skip both the single seat (as it's quite similar to Su-35 visually) and twin-seat Su-27 variants (same thing, just looks more ungainly in general and though combat capable, it's pretty much only used as a trainer) and wait for e.g. Su-30MKI/M2/etc. variant which is a multi-role two-seat variant in widespread use. Su-34 (side-by-side strike variant) and Su-33 (a carrier capable variant of the base Su-27) might be interesting choices as well as they differ enough from the base variant to warrant a consideration.

Edited by Dudikoff