1/48 - Sukhoi Su-27/30 "Flanker" family by Great Wall Hobby (GWH) - Su-27/P/UB "Flanker-B/-C", Su-30SM/MKI "Flanker-H" released - new Su-30MKM/MK/MKA/SME boxing in 2023

Homebee

• 5 months later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=781673622349665&set=a.515119422338421&type=3&theater

Happy new year every one.

Great Wall Hobby G.W.H L4827 1/48 Su-27UB “Flanker C” Heavy Fighter new mold kit, to be announced at Shanghai New Year Model Contest 2020 today.

Expected release date: spring 2020.

Box art: Su-27UB "Red 64" from Russian Navy Baltic Fleet 689th Independent Red Banner GvIAP intercepting USAF B-52H over Baltic Sea.

Profile of "Red 64":
Production batch: 11-02
Serial number: 96310418202
5th Sep 1990 numbered as "Red 64" arrived at the regiment Soviet Red Navy Navy Baltic Fleet 689th Independent Red Banner GvIAP
23rd Aug 2007 arrived at the 275th Aviation Repair Plant(ARZ)
21st Nov 2008 overhaul finished
6th Mar 2013 to the 100th anniversary of A .AND. Pokryshkin received "Red 100" RF-33758 “Alexander Pokryshkin”(most well known Pokryshkin's WWII aircraft is P-39N "Red 100") till now.

More details to be published soon.

V.P.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, salomon said:

Ok that's the dilemma, the futur KH or the GWH's ? will see

Well, unless the designers at KH have made a quantum leap in well... design, and from what I saw in someone's Models Flankoff, there's quite a lot less dilemma than there are frying pans made of butter...

GWH all the way!

The Flankoff (NSFW, Matt's the Gordon Ramsey of modelling):

Cheers,

S.

3 hours ago, Sebastien said:

Well, unless the designers at KH have made a quantum leap in well... design, and from what I saw in someone's Models Flankoff, there's quite a lot less dilemma than there are frying pans made of butter...

GWH all the way!

The Flankoff (NSFW, Matt's the Gordon Ramsey of modelling):

Cheers,

S.

NSFW in this context means 'Not safe for wife' to watch, right?🤣

• Haha 2

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, LUCIANO007 said:

Anything new for this one?

2 hours ago, B.sin said:

If there was, we would know it by now!

I think they may have been distracted by matters COVID, most of the world has been on hold this year..

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LUCIANO007 said:

Goodbye my dear Academy Su-27UB...

But this was long overdue, no?

I only have 1 left to do as  Russian Knights single seater as I also have the respective Begemot decals that won't fit the rightly scaled kits...

6 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

With Eduard's new Spitfire Mk.1 on the way it looks like August will be an expensive one.

Unless your ordering direct from a Far East retailer, maybe not, some of GWH previous releases have taken an age to reach these shores, December/January anyone?

• Haha 1

Nice, like the dual air to ground pylons, not seen them before in a kit, I like the way windscreen is moulded too.

On 6/16/2020 at 11:56 PM, RicardoD said:

Good.

Does "Flanker family" include Su-37 :hmmm:

That could easily be the kit of the year, but I do not think. I am not sure if the Su-37 could be sharing many moulds with the Su-27 so it would probably need a separate new set of tooling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpeedyGonzales said:

That could easily be the kit of the year, but I do not think. I am not sure if the Su-37 could be sharing many moulds with the Su-27 so it would probably need a separate new set of tooling.

Exactly. 37th has new wings, new fins, new engines, canards, cockpit...

• Thanks 1