Takom M60A1 with reactive Armour

BlackMax12

It's been almost 2 months without any plastic cut so here is a little project for Christmas until that 1/16 Panther shows.

Wasn't going to do any more 1/35 scale but it's been pretty boring.  This is a decent kit and even though it has rubber

band tracks which I hate they are actually very very good tracks so they will get used. So far the suspension has been a bit

tedious but it's done and that's it for now with wheels coming up.

evbIY4y.jpgHUAu6P7.jpgVLrqnAM.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks Hamden

Thanks DAG

Got some more done this evening. Fenders assembled, wheels in place and tracks added temporarily.

The tracks are nice, very flexible almost like individual links. To join them the ends are butted together and a steel pin is pushed through. Much

better than the old "melt the pins with a hot knife" method.

Also threw in some pics of the reactive armour sprue with it's ridiculous amount of mounting brackets for the back of the armour plates.

Talk about overkill and time wasted.

Don't mind the good old Tamiya tape holding things together. Lifesaver for trial fits that stuff.

XNeWejG.jpgeuBlOC2.jpgpLbvapE.jpgwA55uEm.jpgosMATJf.jpgGkJuNmw.jpgQX96r83.jpgBs4C1RN.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks Hamden

Thanks John

Probably no paint today (or this week) as SWMBO has some things left in the 2018 "honey-do" jar apparently that MUST be done before

New Years.  I guess 2-3 years in that jar is long enough.............

Take care,

Lloyd

Thanks Konigs

Aside from all of the mounting brackets for the ERA plates which are a real PITA this is a nice kit and just falls together.  

Might be a little tricky to paint around all of that add-on stuff now though.

Take care,

Lloyd

It's sort of a light sandy brown this morning.  The tires need attention, the decals applied and something to make the detail show on

all of those add-on ERA plates.  I think that I'll try that Tamiya Panel Liner in brown again to see what happens. I have lots of sandy

brown paint left if I make a mess.

lqXdXsb.jpg5e4ya1r.jpgg1gYYyr.jpgBOPj0Zm.jpghglgMHU.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful work there! I really like those tracks, actually...for rubber tracks, they are quite nice. The weathering is nice...can you gove a little detail on how you achieved that, and what paints you used? I am assuming acrylics.