Andy's Ausf D

Foxbat

Not sure on markings for this one yet, but I love these little Zvezda kits and couldn't resist adding one to the stash, and inevitably, also the GB.

I have markings in the post so final finish will be something either Ostfront or DAK most probably in a single colour because I'm not very good at camo.

This is the box:

fgExgMS.jpg

And this is what comes in it. Note the tight, brand new tracks on this one in comparison to the built in track sag on the PSC version. Detail is adequate and quite nicely done, and they take paint beautifully so this should be another fun little build.

25mGwAD.jpg

ikSGTwX.jpg

When these are done I have <deep breath> A Pz 38(t), Pz II, Pz III, Panther, Ferdinand, Jagdtiger and Sd.kfz 251 in the queue. And some more Russian stuff (both GPW and modern). Then the entire 1st Polish Armoured Division. Told you I was a fan :D 

Andy

Finding his niche.

Edited by Foxbat
  • Like 2

Construction has proceeded apace. With snap fit kits, test fitting is pretty much final fitting. The engineering on these little kits is brilliant and they fall together in seconds usually with no gaps or alignment issues.

So, this is where the D is at tonight. Paint tomorrow, pub is calling now:

iYSBmaS.jpg

A couple of little marks round the engine vents have been cleaned since I saw the picture, which is several times life size. I don't know how dimensionally accurate these kits are but they're pretty close to each other so they'll do for me. Notice that some detail is sharper on one than the other but neither is definitive. I'm wondering now if it's possible to kit bash something...

6uOIXqO.jpg

Andy

• Like 1

A little bit of Googling has thrown up an acceptable scheme - overall grey belonging to 11 Panzer Division during the Yugoslavian campaign in 1941. No turret numbers, but divisional signs which I have. A little light weathering, plenty of stowage, and Bob's your uncle.

Just have to decide on how, and how much to knock back my Big Tank Grey so this one doesn't look almost black.

Andy

Making progress.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...