Revell / Monogram F-102 1/48

Plasto - I attended college in Madison, Wisconsin in the early 1970s, when the local Air National Guard was flying F-102s in these distinctive red markings. I have this same kit but haven't gotten around to building it yet. When I do, I hope I can do as nice a job with it as you. Well done! 

• Thanks 1

Nice that you got to see em flying...

im sure you’ll make a good job on the kit. It’s not as scary as is made out. Take your time test fit and don’t be afraid to loose a bit of surface detail.. The intake fit needs the most time..

Have fun.

9 hours ago, Plasto said:

Nice that you got to see em flying...

Quite! Unfortunately, soon afterward Wisconsin senator Proxmire (of "Golden Fleece" award fame) forced the Wisconsin ANG to give up their F-102s and begin flying Cessna Skymasters instead. Ughh!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely fantastic! Congratulations! 👏

On 22/12/2018 at 08:50, Plasto said:

I chose not to re-scribe.

Good decision, even without it the markings and the paint job draws an attention. :thumbsup:

Cheers! 😎

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Sorry for the "necropost", but I'm about to start work on this Monogram kit.    Yours looks great and is a fine inspiration for me to get going on it!  I've had the kit for almost 30 years so I guess it's about time.   Just as you did, I won't be rescribing my version either.   I would rather stick a hot needle in my eye than rescribe an aircraft, lol, and besides that, in photographs of these birds, one rarely sees any of the panel lines really.   I think some selective and minimal drawing with a fine pencil will suffice.   And I will be closing up that missile bay; just looking at the instructions for those fill me with dread. 😉

Fantastic result from the venerable old Monogram kit!   Extremely well done Plasto!  :clap2:

Hello Plasto,

Always good to see the Monogram brand being constructed in fine models.

Your model shows very clearly what you can achieve, when the model is in capable hands.

Regards,

Orion.