MiG-21F + Ye-2A + Ye-5 + bonus

Aardvark

Hi, folks!

So, as I promised,

it is time to continue!

And when to begin the continuation of the construction of the MiG-21, if not 21.12? 🤔

Of course, from the point of view of numerology, it is better to start building the MiG-21 Fishbed 12.21.2121....but by this time, I'm afraid, the plastic Modellsvit may already crumble into dust!

😉😁😁

I feel that many on the Britmodeller are melancholy 😁😁 for this model, so I will be that doctor from the text* of this song Nol "Chelovek i koshka"(Zero 

"Man & Cat"):

😁😁😁

So, cockpit progress:

20181221-224305.jpg

20181221-224321.jpg

20181221-224335.jpg

20181221-224344.jpg

20181221-224351.jpg

20181221-224359.jpg

20181221-224445.jpg

The question is almost from the Matrix!

Brown:
20181221-224513.jpg

or Black:
20181221-224524.jpg
20181221-224546.jpg

tablet...

305.jpg

...mmmm..ejection seat?

😁😁😁

20181221-224613.jpg

20181221-224635.jpg

20181221-224648.jpg

Cockpit not a finished, before assembly cockpit, there are still many improvements.

......to be continued....

* - "The doctor's coming, coming through a snowy plain,

He's bringing people a healing powder.

The man and the cat will take the powder,

And sadness will recede, and melancholy will go away."

full text translate:

https://lyricstranslate.com/ru/chelovek-i-koshka-человек-и-кошка-man-and-cat.html

B.R.

Serge

P.S.

Besides  for the MiG-21, in this topic there will probably be some music, a little cooking, a little cat, a bit of life history, and a bit .... I still do not know what else

a bit

will be  .... 😁

UPDATE from 01.04.2020.

Main title topic change.

Edited by Aardvark
Add new model in main title
  • Like 3

Some theory about  the so-called

"Soviet Radom Green".

😎

Once upon a time, when I was a little younger, every summer I rested on the Azov Sea to the left* of Mariupol.

The coast of the Azov Sea was built up with boarding houses and holidaymakers.

And there was a boarding house owned by the 

Ministry of Internal Affairs

- the police.

On the coast of which there was a playground, in which stood the Su-15** for children.

Naturally, I wondered what the equivalent of

"Soviet Radom Green". 

Radom Su-15 is big & heavy - carry it is not possible.... to cut off part of it? Firstly, children play around, secondly, where to get a saw

? 😁

Those who rest on the sea, do not take a saw with them to rest !!!😁😁😁

In addition, even if I somehow managed to take away radom Su-15, it would not do anything!

Because this Su-15 for many years stood under the open sky, with a scorching sun, sea breeze and sometimes, when the sea flooded, it was flooded with sea water, of course rain and snow fell on it .... in general it was a great illustration

weathering!!! 😁

Fortunately, for me and for you, on the wing of the Su-15 there are small radio transparent panels that are painted in the same color as the radome Su-15.

Outside, the paint on this surface was absent,

20181224-093022.jpg

but it was also painted inside, and inside it was the original color, because nothing influenced it! Here I also have torn off this slice:

20181224-093037.jpg

A comparison with the colors chips, I have shows that the color is closest to Tamiya XF-5:

20181224-093121.jpg

But maybe this is some kind of mistake ???

Let's look at the instructions for the decal Behemot on the MiG-21!

What do we see?

20181224-094647.jpg

20181224-094656.jpg

But what is a FS 24110?

Searching in Internet

https://www.hobbiesandbeyond.com/rlm-colour-formulas/

and:

34110 -- France Nato Green*** -- XF5 http://www.colorserver.net/showcolor.asp?fs=34110

coincidence-think-not-memegenerator-net-

The theory is good, but what about the model? While I just glued the glass

20181224-093145.jpg

20181224-093214.jpg

and highlights ejection seat:

20181224-093236.jpg

20181224-093255.jpg

20181224-093307.jpg

20181224-093321.jpg

There is a small problem with the ejection seat, I can’t find on the Internet how technical stencil  and factory table on KK-2 applied....🤔

And of course for this MiG-21 color ejection seat is brown, black for another project.

B.R.

Serge

P.S. 

Great New Year**** weather - rain! 😁Previously, it was bad, because on the New Year you want snow! But now, when it rains, the fields have become sodden and have made impossible the rapid advance of the mechanized columns of troops, which means that neither side can advance! Therefore, most likely something will be at sea....

P.P.S.The material of this radio transparent panel Su-15, for some reason, I associate with a hockey stick ...

*-then I had to rest to the right, because there is a shallow sea coast which is safe for children. Now there are mines, troops and war.

**- then, this Su-15 was disassembled on metal, 😭probably this piece is the only thing left of it.

***- that completely refutes the theory of the baned on Britmodel Tom Cooper - that the Russians painted their planes in the colors of British Standard! 😁😁

Because, as we see,😁😁 the Russians painted their planes according to French standards 😁😁😁... enamels made by Tamiya!!!😁😁😁

Jokes!!!

Of course, the USSR had its own system of standard paint and paint of its own production. If you look at the Su-15 sample and the Tamiya XF-5 color chip, you will see that the match is close, but it is not 100%.

**** - 

😁😁

Edited by Aardvark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Don't worry,  I did not do anything with this MiG-21F as with the E-2A. 🤗😶 They still lie in boxes covered with dust and cobwebs 😶in anticipation of the arrival of their fellow Ye-50, Ye-5 (b.w. it's most first MiG-21!)  and of course the MiG-21F-13.  As for me, it does not make sense to do consistently the same type of model, it is tiring, better all at once and in bulk.

But some theoretical questions requiring conservation made me update this topic.

First off all, In the first part  this unfinished building 

in the GB (link in first posting this topic), I wrote that there is almost no photo of front-line MiG-21F's, there are either photos of prototypes "red 01" & "red 02", or a study aircraft "red 25" ( which the early probably was "04") at the Kharkov Aviation Institute (oh sorry, they write "Garkov aviation institute"

by the new rules😄).

But thanks to this film " There is heaven everywhere(1966):

There is probably the only photo of the MiG-21F in service "43" probably "red":

PmiQBK7kK5A.jpg

Resources:

http://aviahistory.ucoz.ru/index/0-678

Secondly. 

For those who want to make a version of the MiG-21F "red 02"

1559404576-mig-21-f-s-zazhigatelnymi-bak

from Modelsvit.  How I'm already wrote, this is most likely a pre-production aircraft.  And here it turns out that the pre-production aircraft, and maybe all the MiG-21F had a larger air intake nose panel line than the MiG-21F-13:

1481442669-2.jpg

Those as minimum for the MiG-21F "red 01"

1559404666-mig-21-f-s-fab-250.jpg

& "red 02", You - future builders MiG-21F

%D0%94._%D0%9C%D0%BE%D0%BE%D1%80._%D0%A2

from Modelsvit 😁 need to rescratching panel line on the nose!

Resources: 

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67214&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100

B.R.

Serge

P.S.

For dessert. 😁 Pay attention to this interesting MiG-21F-13 "93" with an arrow on the nose:

VNGR7Rj47Ks.jpg

Of course, this is not a pin-up girl 😲😊😁, but at least some

nose art!

Edited by Aardvark
  • Like 1

So, the topic is pulled out of the freezer.

As you can see main title change, now there is not only the MiG-21F but also the Ye-2A and Ye-5.

I planned to build the MiG-21F along with the Ye-2A, Ye-5, Ye-50 and MiG-21F-13, but in the current situation it is completely not clear when I will have purchased MiG-21F-13 and Ye-50.  Therefore, I decided to continue this frozen building.

Photo will be later.

B.R.

Serge

• 4 weeks later...

"MiG-21 family. Main wheel bay war. Clones attack!"😁

20200425-165016.jpg

20200425-165032.jpg

20200425-165046.jpg

All OOB.  The only refinement is a decal with white stencil on black canisters with compressed air.  None of the manufacturers (but I don’t know about Eduard, maybe they do?) Does these decals in decals.

B.R.

Serge

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Col. said:

Delighted to see this project underway Serge :) 

Self-isolation is to blame for everything, because I would still be waiting for the Ye-50 and MiG-21F-13, but since it is completely incomprehensible when I get them, I had to start what I have.

3 hours ago, Vultures1 said:

Nice work Serge!

Thank!  

But as always, new information appears when you think you have finished work!😁

For my 3 x wheel bay me still need to put maximum 27 stencil labels:

Screenshot-20200428-001440.jpg

Screenshot-20200428-001458.jpg

.....or 9 minimum only for MiG-21F, because real view Ye-5 unknown and real view two live on today Ye-2A has no photo confirmation.

The problem is that I already pasted the details wheel day into wing-fuselage section for Ye-5 & MiG-21F and into fuselage section for Ye-2 A!😕

B.R.

Serge 

P.S. In this topic   some hoaxes and practical jokes await you's!

😉😁

Edited by Aardvark
  • Like 1

When I maked afterburner jet engine...some associations did not go out of my head ..."Hmmmm, have I seen it

20200503-174321.jpg

somewhere?  But where?" 

Of course!

madonna-bra-4_blog.jpg

Plagiarism!!!!!

😁😁😁

It was just necessary to somehow dispel these dull manipulations to finalize the engines!!!😕

B.R.

Serge

P.S.

And of course, when you look for information about one, information about another is always found!  When I was looking for information about the MiG-21F tail (very probably, that the MiG-21F tail from Modelsvit is wrong!) .... I found a wiring diagram in main wheel bay:

- Left main wheel:

Screenshot-20200502-022257.jpg

- Right main wheel:

Screenshot-20200502-022305.jpg

Now I think .... can do?🤔

Edited by Aardvark
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Aardvark said:

Now I think .... can do?🤔

You will never know unless you give it a go ;) 

10 hours ago, Col. said:

You will never know unless you give it a go ;) 

Yes, but it had to be done before he made main wheel bay, now it will be like in the old, well-known Russian anecdote

(I censored a bad word, but I think you will understand what part of the body we are talking about!):

"The annual congress of doctors gathered.
 Americans report on heart surgery, Japanese on treatment
 cancer, etc.
 And the Russians say: `` And we cut the tonsils ... ''
 All: `` Think! ''
 Russians: `` ... through the (censored)*.``
 All: `` Wow! .. ``
 A year later, at the congress - all in the same vein - organ transplants,
 treatment of incurable diseases.
 Russians: `` And we cut tonsils ... ''
 Russians: `` ... through the (censored)* ... ``
 Russians: `` ... autogenous ... ``

* - what is the person sitting on

😁😁😁

So now I, turned out to be in the same situation as in a anecdote, the wiring will have to be done in main wheel bay through

(censored)*....😕

😁😁

About:

On 5/3/2020 at 6:01 PM, Aardvark said:

(very probably, that the MiG-21F tail from Modelsvit is wrong!)

From this building you's know about differences geometry tail Modelsvit, Revell & Zvezda.

20181130-200014.jpg

The problem is that in all technical manual, all modifications of the MiG-21, from "F" to "bis" the tail same area is indicated 3.94 m2, i.e.  they must be the same!

However, it is known that the tail area was reduced on the second prototype MiG-21F - E-6/2 from 4.82 m2 to 3.94 m2.

Total:

- Ye-2A, Ye-5, Ye-50 tail area 4.82 m2

- MiG-21F, F-13 e.t.c tail area 3.94 m2

As I know all tail  

(Ye-2A, Ye-5, Ye-50, MiG-21F, F-13) Modelsvit have the same area and shape, but some difference in the of the panel lines.

What as we understand, probably** wrong for MiG-21F, MiG-21F-13.

Why did it happen?  The likely explanation is as follows.  Modelsvit made his MiG-21F with a live MiG-21F located at the Kharkov Aviation Institute.

Thus, the Kharkov MiG-21F probably has a tail area 4.82 m2. Why?  There are two hypotheses on my part.

Hypotheses 1. 

The industry released a number of tail area 4.82 m2 and they were put on some early MiG-21F.

Hypotheses 2.  Kharkov Aviation Institute originally received the Ye-2A, which was then sent to the scrap metal

when the institute received the MiG-21F. But usually some details remain, and probably the Ye-2A tail was subsequently installed on the MiG-21F, maybe the original MiG-21F tail was damaged.

**- in order to assert this reliably, I need to calculate the area of the MiG-21F Modelsvit and compare it with the original area of the MiG-21F.

If area will be 4.82 m2 then Modelsvit wrong with his tail.

B.R.

Serge

Edited by Aardvark

Serge: having built the Revell MiG-21F, I have a positive bias toward that kit, but I'm open to Modelsvit's interpretation.  Question: On the real aircraft, what is the purpose of all that yellow plumbing (pipes) behind the ejection seat, and visible through the canopy?  Is it fuel related?  Looking forward to seeing your work complete. AT

16 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Serge: having built the Revell MiG-21F, I have a positive bias toward that kit,

Do you propose to start building in this topic also the MiG-21F-13 from Revell? 😉 The bonus meant something else,😉😁😎 and I plan to build the MiG-21F-13 from Revell together with the MiG-21F-13 from Modelsvit when I finally get Modelsvit.

Revell not bad, and main his problem it's wrong canopy....but Modelsvit MiG-21F-13 have  two canopy, therefore this not a problem.😉😎

The problem is to decide on an option for Revell and not allow yourself to slip into experimental modifications, such as the MiG-21F-13 with R-3 missiles at the ends of the wing, because then this Revell will have to keep it and I have several other plans for him.🤗🤔

16 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Question: On the real aircraft, what is the purpose of all that yellow plumbing (pipes) behind the ejection seat, and visible through the canopy?  Is it fuel related?

That yellow plumbing (pipes) behind the ejection seat, and visible through the canopy it's:

1.Control rods tail and fin:

20200505-190820.jpg

Screenshot-20200505-110452.jpg

2.Booster system:

(arrow on photo look at filter booster system for exchanging)

20200505-190854.jpg

3.Fuel system:

20200505-190921.jpg

Screenshot-20200505-113137.jpg

4.Electric wireless and fidder:

Screenshot-20200505-113211.jpg

5.Also was fire extinguishing system piping.

How many mix critical components in cocpit after   ejection seat ? 

Some construction logic was, because if gun  shell will fall into the cockpit from behind - the pilot will feel bad.  So there is a chance that traction will play the role of additional armor.

B.R.

Serge

P.S.

Update.

17 hours ago, Aardvark said:

The problem is that in all technical manual, all modifications of the MiG-21, from "F" to "bis" the tail same area is indicated 3.94 m2, i.e.  they must be the same!

This scheme from 

repair manuals for E-6, E-6T and E-7 aircraft:

Screenshot-20200505-134351.jpg

Those  for repair manual, there should be no difference between the tail!

Edited by Aardvark
  • Like 1