LVT-4 "Water Buffalo"

vaoinas

Thank You all for Your kind words. I really appreciate it.

On 09/07/2019 at 01:06, Das Abteilung said:

I presume the perspex cover domes for the hatch periscopes are provided in the kit?  I've been hunting for something to replace the useless solid domes in the Italeri -A1 and -A4 kits.

The perspex domes indeed were provided in the AFV Club kit and they are pretty good. Solid domes on Italeri models are real downers, I imagine, but you can always leave them off because they tended to fog up and therefore often were removed. 

I've concluded that I'll have to heat-form some of my own if I want to show them. I was thinking I might use them on the -A1 but not on the -A4. In another lifetime when I have time to build them, especially those AFV Club tracks..............

Tracks are now finally on. But these turned to be real nightmare to handle. After I applied oils and pigments, the tracks, they became very fragile and literally started to fall apart even to the slightest touch. After many moments of despair and thoughts of considering Friuls instead of this crap, I somehow finally managed to glue these on. Then I added superglue everywhere I could to reinforce the tracks as much as possible.

There's not much left anymore. Cargo area needs some more work and then final touches. And then finally I could start with something new.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thank's for watching,
Kristjan

Edited by vaoinas
Changed image URLs
  • Like 15

Thank you Redcoat2966.

Really nice... missing some sand on top of the track tensioner cover plates... 

Thank you, Silenoz. I added some more dust and sand to the covers, so they look more natural now and doesn't stand out so much.

So it's finally finished - my first model in this forum.
Thank you all for following along this build.

More photos can be found in RFI section.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235058183-lvt-4-usmc-okinawa-april-1945/

spacer.png

Kristjan

Edited by vaoinas
Changed image URL
  • Like 8

I've just played catch-up on this topic and I'm blown away with the level of detail you've crammed in there.  :yes: I hadn't realised just how large these things are until I saw one at Bovington a few years back.  They're seriously large! :shocked:

I've just played catch-up on this topic and I'm blown away with the level of detail you've crammed in there.  :yes: I hadn't realised just how large these things are until I saw one at Bovington a few years back.  They're seriously large! :shocked:

• 6 months later...