Fifty shades .. H-19 the circle closed, ciao baby

perdu

A8Dgt7gCUAA9DOq.jpg%2Blarge.jpg&key=9c08

laydeeez and gennulmens, allow me to present the gubbins

The doohdah

The thingmy which has been exercising my fears at night for a few nights now,  since Andy gave us free access to its complexity

But no technical drawringses  :(

Anyway, here is a nettle grasped

Sadly I fear Scale Creep will already have crept in, we must see later if it all gets assembled nicely-ish

Dammit I just cannot stop shaking the camera, my hand and the afternoon martini

P1010239.jpg

This is the upper plate for the flare kit bracketry, (doubled, there is to be  a set after all)

P1010241.jpg

The lower plates coming on nicely I feel

P1010242.jpg

Doubled

P1010243.jpg

No they are not yet finished, more is being done to them all

later

like so

P1010244.jpg

This should represent a u section channel across the braces

Forget it, t'ain't a gonna happen

Now I know this isnt looking very fruitful but this is the result of this afternoon's labours

P1010245.jpg

I need another drink

• Like 12

The bracketry doohdahs are coming along nicely Bill. Have a drink.

I would not worry too much about scale creep. Ok I know you will be conscious of it, I'm guilty of it myself; but nothing ventured nothing gained, and in your quest for added scratch detailing, it is a well worn path we tread, but worth it in the end - albeit pending some abortive attempts. Have another drink.

Anyroad slowly but surely it's coming along, and plenty more details to add hopefully from the looks of those photo references :devil: Have yet another drink and I shall have one (and a few more) for you too.

• Thanks 1

Nice detail work Bill, you definitely deserve a drink following your efforts this afternoon.

Martian 👽

Oh well

I like this, these

P1010246.jpg

But of course oversized again

getting to expect that these days

P1010248.jpg

So its back to the drawing board

and plasticard again

P1010249.jpg

Ho hum, starting again

:(

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Aaarrgh. Frustration frustration. Sadly I have to agree oversized they are - keep em for when you do a 1/48 version. Almost there Bill, look on the glass half full bright side - smaller scale/size = less work/cutting. OK I know it doesn't really, just trying to be ...erm...supportive and all that...

• Thanks 1

Slow , slow , steady and slow, you WILL get there.

A wise gentleman once opened my mind to scale creep, the instrument dials in my MA4 build are the size of dinner plates, it is always there waiting to pounce.

All these little things you are building are tiny and delicate, so bravo for setting up a production line for all scales 😉

Lovely work Bill.

• Haha 1

Kind of you but I am reaching the limit for my interest

Might still build this without the defensives, but with FLIR and the weapons pylon on the port side

anyway here we go

Marked out for resizing

P1010250.jpg

Looks about right to me, the little green beetle looking thing is the detector which sits atop the flare carrier frame

and is the fixed item in the Merlin firmament nowadays

P1010253.jpg

Cut out of the big 'un

P1010254.jpg

This looks fine

And now with the IR detector in a representative location, whadda we think?

P1010256.jpg

the thin strip is not part of the whole, just a ruse to con you into thinking it will do

What say you?

Will it?

ciao

• Like 12

I've seen criticism of the Airfix frames on the HC2 but they look far more realistic to me than the etch ones I have seen, just need a little chamfering to make them look 'cast metal'

Yours have the same look, very good and realistic

I have been working to get the sculpted look for the end panels by filing grooves into the plastic card

P1010257.jpg

P1010260.jpg

The verticals on there will be added laters

P1010259.jpg

First attempt at lowsizing

P1010261.jpg

P1010262.jpg

Does not work, the side walls are still too tall, however...

Work to do  :)

• Like 7

Scale creep my arts!

You can't fool us Bill - that first set were just the maquette that all you great sculptors make to prepare for the final masterpiece that we now see emerging. :clap2:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Scale creep my arts!

You can't fool us Bill - that first set were just the maquette that all you great sculptors make to prepare for the final masterpiece that we now see emerging. :clap2:

One would imagine that if our William lived in Devizes he'd find it far easier for him to access the real thing and then

sally forth with his measuring equipment and deal these irksome dimensions a ferverish blow.

• Like 1

But, he don't which makes all these irksome little things a bit, irksome

:)

No worries, if it was easy it would be on someone else's build list over there outwith the influence of the Britmodeller Massive

Anyway, other parts need to be addressed for input

Here for instance is a handily irregular 'shape' which nestles untidily between the tail fold pieces

How they fold around this must be fun to watch

P1010264.jpg

I had a rummage around n my 'bits under wings' box looking for a sacrificial lamb (Yummy, I had lamb this evening roasted English Lamb t'was almost miraculous melt in the mouth with superb gravy and no!

No photographs) and came across a C130 underwing tank with enough 'meat' on it to supply most of it in one sliver

P1010268.jpg

much filing ensued

P1010269.jpg

Basing the shape against the above enlarged photograph I think an application of Humbrol filler in the nose of it should hit the target

I dont suppose anyone has a decent 'face on', from below picture of it to confirm my guesstimates does anyone?

Anyway, car club night in Tamworth so the Midget and I are off cruising to the Otter shortly

laters guys

• Like 5

On 3/5/2019 at 9:45 AM, andyf117 said:

76906_1186942844.jpg

No matter how often I see the HAS6(CR), it just looks plain weird to me.  Junglie green sponsons should not be a thing, ever.

Nice bracketry, Bill.

• Haha 4

Good idea to move onto over stuff at the risk of frustration getting the better of you. 

Anyroad you are almost there with the brackets. If it was the easiest thing in the world to do everyone would be doing it. One more push and you'll have cracked it.

Take a leaf from the sculptor of this fine work below who deliberately over-proportioned parts of the anatomy (no not the rude bits!) so as to appear in scale or proportion when viewed from below or certain angles.

'David'_by_Michelangelo_JBU0001.JPG

• Like 3