Fifty shades .. H-19 the circle closed, ciao baby

perdu

Good of you to accept the blame Andy but please don't knock your self out

😉

I'm not sure I'll have the new titles on by the weekend but I'm going to rectify after the weekend if I don't

• Like 2

12 hours ago, andyf117 said:

Except for the slight difference in the number of rotor blades! 😄

A fair cop! Blame it on the lurgy. Mind you not an impossible fix...…...

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

On 2/1/2019 at 9:12 PM, TheBaron said:

Excellent progress Bill and a new pizza cutter to boot! :clap:

Been in and out of here less regularly lately and I just saw the new Pizza cutter too, nice. 

Great progress here Bill on all fronts, and that OH-58 looks like a fine further project!

Terry

• Thanks 1

I did make some more MARINES transfers but I will not be removing the wrong 'un until after next Sunday

If I can find a suitable medium to soften and remove the bad 'un at the  show, does anyone have any solutions for a removal solution please?

Anyway, the right side done now, for now maybe

P1010154.jpg

P1010156.jpg

Need to fix that crease on the tank joint, not the best way to do that I would have thought, oh well

P1010152.jpg

OK lots more to do, ciao chapses

• Like 11

looking suitably Billified it is.

To be honest, had not that call been made on the font/sized etc. I would never have noticed.  Even now, it doesn't jump out at me - but I am not familiar with the aircraft or markings

1 hour ago, perdu said:

does anyone have any solutions for a removal solution please?

How about this surgeons skull saw from circa 1850 or so?     I mean, if a surgeon can use this to open someones skull, it must be capable of pretty delicate work ?  Stands to reason... right?  Eh?

skull_saw.jpg

btw that was found on weird vintage surgical tools - Of particular cause for concern (or downright fear) was the Tobacco Smoke Enema (1750s-1810s) which interestingly (so they claim) gave rise to the popular phrase "blowing smoke up someone's..." well, you get the gist 

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Ouch

I needed some little panels for the flare and chaff dispensers, completely messed my head up as we say, then I discovered that Airfix had already provided on the transfer sheet

This is what they gave me

P1010160.jpg

Obviously the window masking needs tidying up too but these were taken off the flag decals on the CH-53 sheet, just right huh

P1010163.jpg

and oh yes

Betty is in da house,/jetpipe

P1010162.jpg

Wheels, antennae, wipers and rotors and we can get off to Halifax

Phew

• Like 10

16 hours ago, hendie said:

looking suitably Billified it is.

To be honest, had not that call been made on the font/sized etc. I would never have noticed.  Even now, it doesn't jump out at me - but I am not familiar with the aircraft or markings

How about this surgeons skull saw from circa 1850 or so?     I mean, if a surgeon can use this to open someones skull, it must be capable of pretty delicate work ?  Stands to reason... right?  Eh?

skull_saw.jpg

btw that was found on weird vintage surgical tools - Of particular cause for concern (or downright fear) was the Tobacco Smoke Enema (1750s-1810s) which interestingly (so they claim) gave rise to the popular phrase "blowing smoke up someone's..." well, you get the gist 

Ever one for the cunning plan aren't you Hendie? You're not by any chance related to one S. Baldrick of The Pipe in the Upstairs Watercloset, The Town Hall, Dunning-in-the Wold. are you?

Bill, the Betty Boop exhaust blank looks magnificent!

Curious of Mars 👽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks Martian me dear, to be honest I am considering re-visiting Betty with a view to getting her saved smaller in a vector format so more of her delights (oh that sensuous wink huh?) can be reproduced visibly

But for now...

• Like 2

There was no chance of me bunging a couple of dozen plus, little squares on the dispensers Andy so I went for 'improvise and adapt'

I have advised same to CedB enough times

Time to live by the sword/word so the stars it was

:)

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, andyf117 said:

Ah, the Gunny Highway school of modelling - 'Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!'

Actually its little circles on these - a jpg PYO set (print size 8.3mm @300dpi) below, can email a TIF version if preferred:

1019347912_o.jpg

I reckon I'll hang on to that thanks Alan, looks like something that might come in handy soon

I'm not sure if a.jpg or a .TIF file would be best but I can have fun finding out

😀. 👍

Thanks

• Like 2

Cheers Ced

As the title now says

AND THEN THERE WAS ONE!

I am prepared to leave this here, nekkid as a jay bird

Ish

'cept for the filler, paint and other folks input

I present

CH-53D of HMH362, the Ugly Angels

P1010168.jpg

P1010171.jpg

P1010167.jpg

P1010169.jpg

Now then, where did I leave that pub...

Oh yes, just down the road, catch ya laters

• Like 17

Wowza. I think being late to a party is fashionable but this is taking the ..... well you know what. Such a great hour catching up on twelve pages of wobble chopter goodness. If I’d only known earlier, so caught up in my own rotor mind trap. The Home brew decals are super  and Looks great now on the finished bird.

enjoy the well earned pint. Btw Bill .Tiff files are usually better quality depending on the size. 

Johnny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1