Fifty shades .. H-19 the circle closed, ciao baby

perdu

A G- type MS-10 perhaps?

And for your sonobuoy load, they are roughly (done very quickly whilst walking through the hangar) 6" diameter.

Remind me again Bill, are you doing a Mk1 or Mk2 Merlin. Subtle differences exist between them.

Jeff

Edited by pinky coffeeboat
  • Like 1

2ish Jeff

5 display screen ip, later search display in the back and various sundries around the airframe

I might be putting the climbing step handrails on too,depends on finding the right tail rotor warning decals and the proper serial too

I'm glad you know the name for that big yellow case

😀

decided to leave the launcher empty

No crew so no need for a warload

• Like 2

Ahh, whilst they are sometimes used as hand holds, they are in fact the mounts for the DAS sledges - the frames that are used to support the defensive aids suite flare launchers and IR jammers; they are being added to all Mk2 and were added to some Mk1. It's even worse with the sledges fitted - they really are used as steps to climb up the side (have a look and see the two footholds are covered by the frames when fitted - how's a lad to go up top then?)

Jeff

Edited by pinky coffeeboat
  • Like 1

Oof. You will recover.

9 hours ago, perdu said:

Sort it out day dawns

I may be some time, which I don't have as Sunday looms...

As much as I'm looking forward to seeing it on Sunday Bill … don't rush.

We want to see a nice helichoptery ...

I loved Wilkinsons Liquorice Allsorts, they were always superior to the feeble Bassett's ones

Sadly this isnt one  :(

P1010084.jpg

The yooman eye (mine, OK?) cant see the wobbles on the central stripe very clearly

P1010083.jpg

So this is what you get

This is where you get it, think anyone else will see the wobbly lines?

P1010085.jpg

I think it might be a ten man dinghy pack but it's easy to guess, better if you know I suspect

I need to strap it down to the deck here

P1010086.jpg

But not tonight huh, I will codge up a set of straps tomorrow

• Like 9

I like them all - bag bought at the service station rarely makes it home…

Nice internals Bill. Wobbly lines? Er, they are a bit wobbly, but if it is a rubber raft pack we can let you off :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, perdu said:

I'm an aniseed and jelly chap myself too Martian, but I eat EVEN the coconut ones when there is a pack to dispose of

:)

(Bill's not over keen on the coconut rounds)

Its good to see the thread finally getting down to the really serious stuff!

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Personally I miss real Lucky Tatties - but they have to be the ones with nougat and a small toy inside. The kind of toy that kills small children these days (apparently) unless it's wrapped in dayglo and of a size that wouldn't fit in a kids mouth....with warning labels

Oh, has to be hard chewy nougat, I can't be doing with that wishy-washy fondant stuff at all.   

oh oh... and Aztec bars, mega soor plooms (the type so sour that they make the cheeks of yer backside clinch), Club biscuits when they actually had a layer of chocolate on the outside,  McCowans chocolate covered banana flavored toffee, Old Jamaica bars, Spanish Gold, and Kia Ora

• Like 4

5 hours ago, hendie said:

Club biscuits when they actually had a layer of chocolate on the outside

One of the reasons I donate blood is for the orange Club biscuits they have afterwards.

Oh, and for the general good of my fellow man, obviously.

But mostly for the biscuits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, CedB said:

One of the reasons I donate blood is for the orange Club biscuits they have afterwards.

No-one wants mine, on account of I picked up Hep A in Egypt back in the 80's. No issue now, but they still don't want it. Or any of my other bits, although that's probably more to do with the fact that by the time I've finished with them they probably won't work too well anyway!

I have to buy my own biscuits.....

Club, Penguin, and Garibaldi were my favourites. Oh, and let's not forget a pack of Rich Tea for dunking!

Ian

• Like 3

Now were talking, Rich Tea

They are, if I'm honest the reason I'm a fat git

My healthy dietary supplement regime: breakfast eggs scrambled, fried, boiled or omelettes with trimmings of bacon or sos and the the supplements

A banana daily, for fructose and assorted vitamins followed by Rich Tea for dunking in the breakfast coffee

A heavenly start to the day

You lot have a lot to be blamed for, why the hell am I looking at the decatransfers I made with a view to making some of them into painting masks for the Sea Stallion

The black band round the hard yellow plastic case on the dinghy pack will tidied this am whilst my hand is steadier

Pictures later methinks

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CedB said:

Orange Club biscuits! (drools in an appropriately Homer Simpson like manner)

Martian of the sweet tooth 👽

• Haha 1

Luckily the orange Clubs are still available apparently.

Lots of shops selling it if you look here and click 'Buy Now'.

From £1 for a pack of 8.

Damn this diet… :Tasty:

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2019 at 2:04 PM, perdu said:

depends on finding the right tail rotor warning decals and the proper serial too

You can sleep easy tonight Bill because if first class post is up to scratch a transfer sheet and a bag of greeblies should arrive at Chez Perdu in the morning.

I didn't put in the gun or that great big underslung load frame as I thought you'd better do some of the work :whistle:

I seem to remember a quite prominent white painted rail at the observer's position.      EDIT. Found  photos

defence_photography_merlin_navy_helicopt

20059694851_442cc78fa8_b.jpg

• Like 3