Fifty shades .. H-19 the circle closed, ciao baby

perdu

It appears I should take the juice of 40 wds to Halifax, in case you can use some more then Yer Haughtiness

I'm trying hard to remember which model I was going to look out for at the Yorkshire Sales that weekend

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

....... to cope with the fall out.

of the General's bottom, or the carbuncle?

On second thoughts, maybe we are better off not knowing. 

Ian

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

Ditto on everything above in the finely-wrought department (excepting the true horror of speculation regarding General proctological features) Bill. 

That build-up of detail is most enjoyable to witness. :clap:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/4/2019 at 8:31 AM, Paul J said:

What is it??? And what is it used for??

That there is a clone (or the original?) of this: a sexy circle cutter

http://www.hyperscale.com/2017/reviews/tools/thinnerlinecirclecutterreviewbg_1.htm

Now before you rush out and buy one ( which you usually cant as they have none in stock), watch this if rivet counting grade accuracy is important., it can be out by up to 1mm but easy to work around

I was thinking of getting one till I realised a vinyl/craft cutter ( Cricut in my case) would be much better value and will knock out shapes to 0.5mm accuracy, repeatedly. Oh and Hi Bill, nice helicopter ( of which I'm scared of as any god fearing fixed wing pilot should be)

Anil

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, azureglo said:

…till I realised a vinyl/craft cutter ( Cricut in my case) would be much better value and will knock out shapes to 0.5mm actuary repeatedly.

Phew! Saved by the Anil - thank you Sir :) 

That said, £25 isn't quite enough for a machine…

I promised better pictures, so

The sonobuoy launcher in and on a skinny little frame a bit like the photos in the walkaround

Looks OK ish

P1010064.jpg

Hold that view/thought

As promised a less blurry shot through the keyhole/main door

P1010066.jpg

I get unhappier with the interior, the more I look...

P1010070.jpg

Having nightmares now, even if the floor was glued in I think the sonobuoy launcher is too big

It should be halfway up the window, not right at the top

Thinks...

Anyway, looks as if it will scrub up nicely huh

P1010071.jpg

A handsome machine which mentally I have ignored for ages until the visit to Yeovilton in 2017, decided then that actually I like her

Off to ponder that launcher, probably not get too precious though as I want at least one of these finished this year

• Like 6

15 hours ago, azureglo said:

...helicopter ( of which I'm scared of as any god fearing fixed pilot should be)

It’s safer to stop then land than the other way round.  [Especially on a ship]

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, CedB said:

I think £60-75 including shipping what these run to, thats a nearly 33% of my Cricuts cost for something that only cuts circles, not canopy masks, invasion stripe masks, camo masks, Homer Simpson shapes, circles from 0.5-200mm, insignia masks, Christmas tree decorations etc...  back to the thread

1 hour ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

It’s safer to stop then land than the other way round.  [Especially on a ship]

Truly everything said about naval pilots is true, they joined because they were rejected by the insane asylum as beyond help...this concept is known to many pilots as " falling out of the bloody sky" and is generally held to be a bad thing on planets with any sort of gravity.

Bill that interior looks most excellent and thats a really nice shade of grey 😎

Anil

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hello Bill  I will look in here mainly for the Jolly  Green Giant. Never seen a build up of one. Sadly it has not/ I never seen an eye catching box art on it But the Revell one fascinated me in my youth watching at my old catalogues. Same with the Sky crane. This one:

revell_hh3_jolly-green-giant_70-960.jpg?

The Merlin must be as big, I think and Italeri is famous for their well made choppers.

Cheers

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 3

Just in case no one knew which CH-53 I'm doing it wil be based on this one

CH532.jpg

But I am finding it hard to get aftermarket transfers in 1/72 scale so I'm printing my own based on the Flying Leathernecks 1/48 scale ones

Since the actual markings disappear (almost) in regular use mine should be reasonably OK

Now

Has anyone noticed where I left the rear cabin bulkhead?

Can't find the damned thing any where

S N A F U ...

😱

• Like 6

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:59 PM, perdu said:

We have a reputation!

Us?

We certainly do Bill, but who says anything about it being a good one though...

Coming along nicely Bill. I do like the sonobuoy launcher. Sets off the interior nicely.

1 hour ago, azureglo said:
13 hours ago, CedB said:

I think £60-75 including shipping what these run to, thats a nearly 33% of my Cricuts cost for something that only cuts circles, not canopy masks, invasion stripe masks, camo masks, Homer Simpson shapes, circles from 0.5-200mm, insignia masks, Christmas tree decorations etc...  back to the thread

As Anil states Ced, it retails between £60 - 75 with postage and the additional jig for aligning concentric circles. So conscience eased, it is enough for a machine. Go on you know you want to :devil:

Like all bits of kit it certainly has it's pro's and cons. I don't own a silhouette cutter, but clearly they are far more versatile - certainly for canopy and camo masks. I've got a couple of sets of good punches, but sods law the size you need is always in between punch sizes, and with the cutter it really is the proverbial five minute job. Would it be too much of a faff setting up the silhouette cutter for such a task? I don't know. Perhaps I need to buy one to find out....:whistle:

"Homer Simpson shapes...Christmas tree decorations"....I know there are some fancy splinter schemes about, but c'mon Anil April Fools Day is months away.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tomoshenko said:

"Homer Simpson shapes...Christmas tree decorations"....I know there are some fancy splinter schemes about, but c'mon Anil April Fools Day is months away.

Tom, you mask your camo your way and I'll mask mine , my way...👹 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, perdu said:

Has anyone noticed where I left the rear cabin bulkhead?

Can't find the damned thing any where

S N A F U ...

😱

It was lurking under the base of the monitor here on the bench

Maybe SHE is right, I need to get organised this year  :hmmm:

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, azureglo said:

...this concept is known to many pilots as " falling out of the bloody sky" and is generally held to be a bad thing on planets with any sort of gravity.

Only if you’re unimaginative enough to have stationary wings

• Haha 4

I've flown, sadly, only twice by helicopter

Being picked up from a Bavarian wheat field with well mashed crops by US Army CH-47 was quite something for a rotary fan like me, I loved it but to be fair I didn't get to experience the sheer exhilaration of lifting off the ground and just going 'there' at ground height plus ten feet

Later a friend who won a trip for three in a helo couldn't persuade his wife to share it, so I kindly stepped in

As you do

😉 

Jet Ranger joined my favourite list that day

Lifted off then slid sideways past the other parked machines, round that tree then up and away

Utter magic, who needs Boeing 737s huh?

Anyway work continues

My home made decals sheets ( decal 'cos it says so on the packet, looks like transfers to me...)

20190106-140829.jpg

Should just contrast against the Light Gull Gray

More tomorrow, its time for Zebedee, bed

• Like 5

I saw the USN MH-53 detatchment in Bahrain years ago. We had parked in their compound on a brief visit. They are huge machines and, as I shortly found during ground run they did, hugely noisy machines too. Mind you, I was more interested in the Gulf Air Emb-170 and Aero Logic B777 parked near us.

Is that Betty Boop artwork?

Jeff

• Like 1

On 05/01/2019 at 13:22, Tomoshenko said:

Would it be too much of a faff setting up the silhouette cutter for such a task? I don't know. Perhaps I need to buy one to find out....

If you're in to vector software then no faff. Scanning images and creating designs is fairly straightforward too. AND of course you can keep the designs and cut them again and again (e.g. Spitfire templates). I have a file of roundels and fin flashes and I'm sure we can get a library going, somewhere.

9 hours ago, perdu said:

My home made decals sheets ( decal 'cos it says so on the packet, looks like transfers to me...)

Nice transfers Bill, they look spot on to me :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1