Fifty shades .. H-19 the circle closed, ciao baby

perdu

I found a single room (£38) about a five minute drive away, last room in the place luckily

Taxis are available so dinner is on if Ced can, yes let us allow Ced to find a pub  :)

Always let an organiser organise

• Like 3

On 04/07/2019 at 16:15, perdu said:

Taxis are available so dinner is on if Ced can, yes let us allow Ced to find a pub

Gah! In Telford? I'm not even a local, let alone a regular attender…

I shall ponder…

Thanks Ian, looks like a nice place, if a bit far.

Purely selfishly, I'm staying at the Park House Hotel with @06/24 and our three American Friends so maybe we should meet there? If there's a big party we can probably arrange a separate room, dancing girls etc etc…

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 7/2/2019 at 2:24 PM, perdu said:

And then pull moulding will give me some plastic shapes

Can you pull - mould over the plastic master without the master getting deformed by the heat Bill?

Can’t use a plastic master with a dental vac machine cos the PETG gets too hot and/or the vacuum holds the hot PETG too tightly/long against the master and deforms it.  Hence all the faffing with resin or plaster or milliput masters.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, limeypilot said:

How about this one, just outside Telford?

https://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/the-seven-stars-shifnal

It looks like it's only 7 miles so a cab should be reasonable!

Ian

2 minutes ago, Fritag said:

Can you pull - mould over the plastic master without the master getting deformed by the heat Bill?

Can’t use a plastic master with a dental vac machine cos the PETG gets too hot and/or the vacuum holds the hot PETG too tightly/long against the master and deforms it.  Hence all the faffing with resin or plaster or milliput masters.....

Steve with pull moulding you get to decide how much pressure is required for how long, a few mouldings can be done before the donor dies, especially as I prefer thin acetate to PETg these days

Ian as long as we don't go to Tong, to the Bell which has dropped down the OK pubs to eat at list I keep in my head

If Ced wants to lure us in with the wicked wiles of dancing girls in private salons who am I to demur?

🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, perdu said:

Ian as long as we don't go to Tong, to the Bell which has dropped down the OK pubs to eat at list I keep in my head

If Ced wants to lure us in with the wicked wiles of dancing girls in private salons who am I to demur?

I'm staying in the hotel right next to the Telford Centre, with one or two others. There is a bar there and quite a few food choices within walking distance, so anyone and everyone is welcome to gather at that bar!

Terry

• Like 2

I'm in the Park Inn, in Telford. There looks to be a pretty good real ale pub not far so I'll definitely be checking that one out. But an evening out of the area would be fun. There's also a real ale pub in Shifnall. where Ced will be - the Plough is a previous CAMRA town pub of the year winner!

Meeting up at your hotel would work Ced, but if we're all at the International centre we can always fine tune the planning at some stage during the day!

Ian

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fritag said:

Au contraire mon ami, on my Seafox build I packed the kit glazing with milliput, sanded the frames and used that as the master. I then used the master a second time for the second Seafox and the master is still as it was in the beginning...worked for me anyway.

Oh, seeing that we're talking of Telford, can anybody point me to the BM badge template?

Stuart

Edited by Courageous
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, limeypilot said:

but if we're all at the International centre we can always fine tune the planning at some stage during the day!

There is a good logical mind in action! A plan is forming, and remember a good plan is always a basis for fine tuning and change!

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Courageous said:

Oh, seeing that we're talking of Telford, can anybody point me to the BM badge template?

I'd recognise you anywhere Stuart .................... but if you want to be famous........

Terry

• Thanks 1

I’m starting to feel rather inadequate, because I am only going to Telford for - gasp - one day...

No dancing girls for Crisp, no siree

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 3

On 7/6/2019 at 10:34 AM, perdu said:

Steve with pull moulding you get to decide how much pressure is required for how long, a few mouldings can be done before the donor dies, especially as I prefer thin acetate to PETg these days

Ah Yes.  You remind me.  That's wot I did way back with my chippie canopy.  Very possibly because that's wot you told me to do.....:whistle:

On 7/6/2019 at 3:36 PM, Courageous said:

Au contraire mon ami, on my Seafox build I packed the kit glazing with milliput, sanded the frames and used that as the master. I then used the master a second time for the second Seafox and the master is still as it was in the beginning...worked for me anyway.

Yes.  And it would probably work for me too.  If I'd remembered that I'd done the same (filled the kit glazing with milliput that is) with my chippie build :blush: :hmmm::)  Bit late now.........

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Fritag said:

Ah Yes.  You remind me.  That's wot I did way back with my chippie canopy.  Very possibly because that's wot you told me to do.....:whistle:

Yes.  And it would probably work for me too.  If I'd remembered that I'd done the same (filled the kit glazing with milliput that is) with my chippie build :blush: :hmmm::)  Bit late now.........

Never fear, this is only short term embarrassment and all will be well once you are back here swinging with us again

You will never know you went away...

• Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 7:23 PM, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

I’m starting to feel rather inadequate, because I am only going to Telford for - gasp - one day...

No dancing girls for Crisp, no siree

But maybe a few minute for sharing a rocket fuel bottle with FAA enthusiast ??

CC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1