Fifty shades .. H-19 the circle closed, ciao baby

perdu

A drop of Revell green/grey acrylic rubbish in a small square box FGS

15580934003082050706198556265970.jpg

Looks adequate for down in the hole

Bracing to add tomorrow, mess bar is open again

Martian none of the Melchett stuff in, Shropshire Lad do you?

Edited by perdu
HMM
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

I hope it's all worth it, but it's only a game anyway isn't it?

:)

I'm about to build up the framework next and luckily a purchase I made earlier this week dropped through the letter box

I like those little machine drills with the Archimedial twist but they are intrinsically very weak so the thinner ones usually die in no time, flat

Looking into the 'bay' ready to buyer placements for all my broken ones I came across these

Since I and probably the rest of us has a large number of the wider ones but few littler ones I was chuffed (extremely pleased Giorgio) to see I could simply buy a bunch of only one sizes to save having lots of un-needed big ones lying around

My 0.03mm drill set

15580911355087066697539895932177.jpg

Who needs big unuseableones huh?

• Like 10

At least a picture (of the drills - you can never have too many teeny drills) that I can see!  Or am I the only one for whom most of Bill’s recent pictures show up as the Postimage equivalent of the Microsoft Blue Screen of Death?

For the record, not even I would add rivets in 1/72...

[Apologies for prolonged absence of late; I have been very busy at work, but have also suffered a serious Mojo Failure for some reason - I just cannot get myself going on (of all things) my Lynx build.  There are stirrings of a cunning plan to get me going again, but it will probably be away from the Lynx-fest.  Watch this space.  Well, not this one as in Bill’s wobblecopter thread, but the general BM area!]

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

23 minutes ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Or am I the only one for whom most of Bill’s recent pictures show up as the Postimage equivalent of the Microsoft Blue Screen of Death?

Snap, an issue there me thinks.

Stuart

I hope that issue has now been dealt with

Working with my tablet screen this morning, dealing with the drills as it happens meant I clumsily offered Postimage the opportunity to delete an entire gallery

And before I could play catchup/stop it did just that

This was in a different Gallery

And I will be far more careful forever more

Crisp we had got the general drift of your mojo depletion, it allus comes back tha' knows

I am happy to wait

Maybe we can collaborrate on a Lynx with BERPs on it

Me in little , you in ginormous

Tek tha time!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Braced for action

P1010061.jpg

There  is a complex set of levers and braces, brackets and tubes around here

I am sticking with this

The Airwaves set has a set of swash plate pieces that will sit tidily over the top of these

I cannot see any sense trying to replicate this

P1010512.jpg

In here

laters chaps, off to early dinner I am told

• Like 9

1 hour ago, perdu said:

P1010512.jpg

Good God - that really underlines what a pitiful amount of power those guys were trying to fly with.  A Seaking tail rotor gearbox isn’t much smaller than that thing!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Superb catch-up Bill. :thumbsup2:

Can't for the life of me work out why this particular aircraft seems so attractive but you are making it even more attractiver attractivy I like it even more.

6 hours ago, perdu said:

I could simply buy a bunch of only one sizes to save having lots of un-needed big ones lying around

Seconded. That feeling of security when one snaps.

Tha knows there's a reload available.

2 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

that really underlines what a pitiful amount of power those guys were trying to fly with.

People were much more religious back then.

Guess you had to be....

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

but have also suffered a serious Mojo Failure for some reason

I went through that during March/April, together with some serious business with work and travel. I'm on the way back now with a few projects recommencing, so lets hope you can do same!

4 hours ago, perdu said:

I cannot see any sense trying to replicate this

P1010512.jpg

Well no of course, no sense at all in trying to replicate ................. you would do it rather well though methinks .......... just saying.

Terry

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Like what your doing with the main rotor gearbox, your attention to detail takes your builds to the next level as well as being very informative!

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 21:43, perdu said:

Bracing to add tomorrow, mess bar is open again

Martian none of the Melchett stuff in, Shropshire Lad do you?

I'm not that sort of alien! Just because I'm an extra-terrestrial some people seem to think I will sleep with anybody!

Outraged of Mars 👽

• Haha 5

Well Martian, if you say so...

Anyway up...

Remember this?

I was a bit concerned because I seemed to have cut away too many millimotors of plastic just at the back of the miniturtle back

just here

P1010471.jpg

So I took time out to plan and plot a new bit just for there

P1010109.jpg

bent a piece of 0.080" polycard into a curve then cut a slice out of it large enough to set into the gap

And put it in the hole I left before

P1010110.jpg

This looks fine now so I can get on with fitting the new upperworks to the lower fuselage and begin adding the Airwaves etch to the engine grilles with Gator's Grip

More later

'Night all

• Like 9

NOTES TO SELF

DO NOT PAY TOO MUCH ATTENTION TO THE ATTENTION SEEKING VOLUNTEER 'SUGGESTERS', THERE IS A RISK THAT THEY ARE ONLY DOING IT TO ADD CONFUSION

This was not expected to happen but as I looked at the photo on screen something occurred

P1010111.jpg

I picked up the model intending to do no mo' than fix the gaps between the halves, as you do, when the flat uninteresting and totally wrong for any version of H-19, S55 or Whirlwind said to me "CUT ME"

Out came the Minidrill and bits and off came the bottom front of the engine cover

There is a semicircular cover around the P&W inside there, so not an awful lot of stuff to add and this is intended to be rudimentary visuals only

P1010113.jpg

Tidying the hole ensues...

As does removing the lozenge shaped other part of the hole, looks as if there is a heat exchanging dooberrie inside that

P1010115.jpg

Some bracing and framework too nae doot

P1010116.jpg

Elusive searching has begun

Yes I did cut it out before extensive research so I cannot ONLY blame you lot for egging me on

dammit, must be my fault after all

ciao

• Like 10

59 minutes ago, perdu said:

when the flat uninteresting and totally wrong for any version of H-19, S55 or Whirlwind said to me "CUT ME"

The most natural next step I would say. These things are best not left undone!

And I just spied an Auster Antarctic box in the background there, something else coming soon or a past project perhaps..........

Terry

13 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

The most natural next step I would say. These things are best not left undone!

And I just spied an Auster Antarctic box in the background there, something else coming soon or a past project perhaps..........

Terry

Ah yes Terry, that would be  this one

P1110147.jpg

P1110144.jpg

Finished a while back and now the 'property' of the Army Aviation(?)SIG and displayed by them at Telford last year along with the Scout I also donated

P1110385.jpg

P1110382.jpg

This did not have any Airwaves stuff aboard except the rear bulkhead

Both were old builds in here, beggared if I know how to find links for 'em sorry but there are better pictures than these taken when I was trying to work out ways to transport them...

As for the H-19, if further proof of my lunacy was required I suggest I just provided it  :(

Must_be_mad.com wibble

• Like 10

Nice Auster and very nice Scout indeed. AS11's too. Must get to doing a Scout and a Wasp myself one day soon but have been patiently waiting for first the much talked about Freightdog Wasp in 1/72 (I have seen the masters), and then the even more anticipated S&M Scout and Wasp both in 1/72 and Wasp in 1/48 and Scout in 1/35 ................ but its all gone quiet again ........🙄

You are not mad Bill, just devastatingly keen!

Terry

• Like 2

On 5/17/2019 at 6:15 PM, perdu said:

Maybe the shock will give Crisp's mojo a kick under its nadir

Mojo duly kicked; see Floaty-thing section for details of a true Fly Navy pioneer.

• Like 4

Yes Terry I saw and was allowed to handle the masters but the production of clear resin glazing's difficulties seems to have killed a very promising project

I am not sure whether the S&M ones are basically the Freightdog ones restarted

I got pee'd off waiting so I made my own

If you want a Nimbus or two let me know, I might find a casting or three

Or four, I do not expect to make another now in 72th scale

After I made the Scout I had a break then decided to make the Wopse, when I did that I made castings of the primary bits, jet pipes and compressor stages in case...

• Like 2