De Havilland Vampire F.3

Tidy work so far Stuart :goodjob: After finding a Special Hobby boxing of this kit that has sat in the stash for too long and having a look at it last night finding and reading through your thread today has proved both timely and informative :thumbsup: 

On 1/24/2019 at 4:30 PM, Terry1954 said:

Just caught up on this whole build Stuart, very nice indeed. I particularly like that HSS finish. Nice one.

Cheers Terry. I quite like the AS12 too.

On 1/24/2019 at 4:59 PM, giemme said:

:hmmm: Look who's building an OOB model ... :winkgrin: :rofl:

I'm rather late, mind if I join? Heck of a job so far, Stuart - sorting all of those gaps :clap:

Cheers Giorgio. Yes, OOB, I do them every now and then to unwind... gaps and all. Better late than never :wink:.

23 hours ago, Col. said:

Tidy work so far Stuart :goodjob: After finding a Special Hobby boxing of this kit that has sat in the stash for too long and having a look at it last night finding and reading through your thread today has proved both timely and informative :thumbsup: 

Cheers Col. As far as I can tell, the Revell kit is the SH kit so hopefully this thread will help you.

I was hoping to get stickers on this evening but I've decided to have a beer or two, hopefully tomorrow.

Stuart

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Courageous said:

was hoping to get stickers on this evening but I've decided to have a beer or two, 

Nowt' wrong with that... :winkgrin: :rofl:

Ciao

• Haha 2

Distractions, distractions and more distractions, It's a conspiracy I tell you but I managed to snatch a bit of time some progress.

20190127-165346-1.jpg

20190127-165423-1.jpg

Stickers on but have just realised that I'm out of satin varnish, so it looks like a visit to LMS is called for :wink:.

Stuart

• Like 12

Calling this done.

20190129-180557-1.jpg

Tamiya satin varnish applied. Canopy demasked and I'm glad we have no seepage. All-in-all an enjoyable build and as I have another couple of 'bats' to do, this one is going on the ceiling...a bit of nostalgia.

More pics in RFI.

Stuart

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...