IT'S TIME...AMBUSH!!, GERMAN TANK DESTROYERS VOL2, STUG IV SDKFZ.167 1/35 ITALERI

FrancisGL

Hi Francis. Great to see update 02! And it looks to be progressing nicely - I personally like the sag you have achieved - nicely convincing. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just had another look at your tracks francis, smashing job, now I've decided to use my kit ones, they're both the same concept, and I've got to say no problems at all (yet), I've sagged them the same as yours, ( you've set the bar) 👍

• Thanks 1

On 30/12/2018 at 20:27, PlaStix said:

Hi Francis. Great to see update 02! And it looks to be progressing nicely - I personally like the sag you have achieved - nicely convincing. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Many thanks for your interest and your approval, cheers Stix :santa:

14 hours ago, Hewy said:

Just had another look at your tracks francis, smashing job, now I've decided to use my kit ones, they're both the same concept, and I've got to say no problems at all (yet), I've sagged them the same as yours, ( you've set the bar) 👍

Many thanks for your approval, I think that you will not have problems, because with the necessary materials and some patience, they will get ahead.

Cheers Hewy :santa:

UPDATE 03:

Hi Pals, more progress with the kit, finally I finished with the other track, which is already in place, sigh ...

The following, has been, texture the Saukopf, with some poly cement, to give the rugged apsecto of the cast, and then the front of the driver's position, to try to resemble the addition of concrete that these vehicles had, this time with Putty.

The two main parts of the hull are already joined, which was not too easy, because the adjustment is not very good.

I will have to sand a lot ... although it will not be seen later, I think ...

Continuing with the basic PEs included in the kit, and something from the Eduard set. They are pieces that the kit does not come with, or are better than those that it includes, I do not want to complicate myself more than necessary.

I will continue with the PEs, seeing what pieces are necessary, and replacing / adding what is needed.

g2AqvAs.jpg

t6jp1jy.jpg

XLdfeIL.jpg

V0Cp5Yg.jpg

UezT20K.jpg

xBmkdCC.jpg

B8QCThb.jpg

XN3To0j.jpg

8JyvmU3.jpg

Ncmipvd.jpg

Thanks for watch and comment as always, :santa:

NyuWAWh.jpg

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 10

Wow! Excellent progress Francis. Your work with the putty and PhotoEtch is really going to take this to the next level! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Wow! Excellent progress Francis. Your work with the putty and PhotoEtch is really going to take this to the next level! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Many thanks for your kind words. The PE is something basic, for the magnificent works that are seen here, but a little here and another there, add up ... lol.
The concrete, I'm not sure how it looks, but it seemed a curious detail.:hmmm:

Cheers Stix :santa:

• Like 2

On 05/01/2019 at 22:24, Hewy said:

I like that concrete armour francis, the tracks are a difficult method aren't they, good looking stug

Glynn 

Many thanks for your kind words. Well yes, at least for me, because the links, do not have any significant point of union (some pin for example), just join one another, and hope that they fit well, after applying glue.
I think the crux of the matter, is, wait just enough time for the glue is not rigid, nor "like water", or you can not stress the tracks, or fall apart ... lol.
Something that is exasperating, because it is not an exact science ...

Cheers Glynn 👍

• Like 3

On 05/01/2019 at 23:53, Badder said:

I used to prefer the look of the StuG III, but the IV is growing on me.

Nice work Francis.

Rearguards,

Badder

Many thanks for your interest. In the background are quite similar, until recently, did not distinguish a III of an IV, the IIIG version, with its Saükopf, is almost, almost, an IV :D
In any case, two very interesting vehicles.

Cheers Badder 👍

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1

On 12/01/2019 at 11:58, wimbledon99 said:

Hi Francis,

This is coming along very nicely and the extras are going to make this a stand-out build. Clever idea using the putty; I'm taking notes!

Cheers

Nigel

Many thanks for your kind words and your interest, it's not very elaborate or complicated, but I think it's a little touch that the kit lacks.

Cheers Nigel 👍

UPDATE 04:

Hi Pals,

A new advance in the kit, today we will see how it has been with the PEs made and assembled. I admit that I do not like the idea very much, because they complicate a lot the assembly of any kit, but, if they are a substantial improvement when they are included.

On this occasion, it has taken me an additional effort to put them in their place. I do not know if by the type of plastic, metal, or CA glue, but "they did not want" to stay in their place.
Some, after a long time, have fallen and again to put them ...

The rails of the side skirts, I have put a little "intuition", because the instructions that indicate the assembly, are very imprecise, and do not specify where exactly, above all, the anchor points, which seems to be the same to put them towards up, down (I'm being sarcastic ... lol), and without an exact point in the superstructure of the model.

This means that when I try to hold the side skirts, they are not aligned, and the middle part of the side skirt, almost can not join the hull, or is "loose", because it would touch the outside of the track.
Surely the Tamiya kit, although older than this, has that part of the assembly much more accurate, you just have to see some finished kits to realize ... all side skirts perfectly aligned, if that's what you want, Here, it will not be possible, although it was not my idea (thank God ...).

I opted for the two "organ pipes" as the exhaust pipe, instead of the standard single piece in the PzIVs, as I had never had a PzIV with this option.

Except for a small piece, and of course the side skirts, which will be the last addition, the assembly is finished.

A first base of gray above all, to start the real work (at least for me), which is the painting, not only necessary for the following layers of paint, but also to see how the whole is (plastic- PEs-putty).

Soon first layer of Dunkelgelb, and hopefully a tritone camo ... lol

Thanks for watch and comments as always.

Cheers mates.:D

N3boKkr.jpg

IuO6XAR.jpg

rFWuD6C.jpg

O2DCvxL.jpg

ck5JOe7.jpg

ddUa4bz.jpg

Lnr6UPC.jpg

XtrI3SJ.jpg

DUbFo32.jpg

6vrqb6H.jpg

PA5sCCt.jpg

DaRJO9m.jpg

ugWbq25.jpg

hU8krH7.jpg

NyuWAWh.jpg

• Like 8

On 19/01/2019 at 20:06, Ozzy said:

Nice progress Francis, some very intricate work on the PE it's a job I don't envy you doing.

Many thanks for your like and kid words, something that I have clear, the PEs is only emergency case ... lol

Cheers Ozzy 👍

• Like 1