IT'S TIME...AMBUSH!!, GERMAN TANK DESTROYERS VOL2, STUG IV SDKFZ.167 1/35 ITALERI

FrancisGL

Hi Pals, a new project, is the Vol.2 of the German tank destroyer, in this case the Stug IV.

I bought it together with the Jadgpanzer IV, and it seems, at least on the box, that it will be somewhat better than the other. I'll see (fingers crossed). I like the plastic in gray more than the other, because I find it easier to visualize.
It includes a small set of PEs and a metal cannon, it's not bad, just in case I bought a set of Edu's PEs.

The idea is to add what you can and replace what is clearly improvable, because once painted, you do not know if it is metal / plastic ...

I hope to start soon ... lol

Thanks for watching and commenting as always 

P.D.: It is the same kit that had a thread open in the WIP section, before knowing that there was a PzIV GB. from now on, I will only update the GB thread, for those interested in it. There will be a link in the old WIP for the GB, and vice versa.

Ny44Jpa.jpg

Q9vcefm.jpg

5olYBCu.jpg

ERJLekF.jpg

WzmfqBk.jpg

SL4IoDm.jpg

G4cZK3x.jpg

RaS5clq.jpg

6KVbaQE.jpg

S9iRVs2.jpg

GrerGBL.jpg

NyuWAWh.jpg

T'S TIME...AMBUSH!!, GERMAN TANK DESTROYERS VOL2, STUG IV SDKFZ.167 1/35 ITALERI

• Like 6

On 12/21/2018 at 12:14 AM, Yetifan said:

I did’nt even realise that Italeri offered kits with all these extra bits in, will follow this with interest 🙂

They have a autobilinda with resin interior and I think wheels too. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, the South African said:

I am looking at this very closely Francis as I can at least find Italeri kits with relative ease around here. 

Regards:

Shaun 

Many thanks for your interest, I think this model only works on that scale, Italeri, Tamiya and Dragon. IMHO, I think it's the one that would be in the middle, because Tamiya, although cheap and with quality is an oldie if I'm not wrong, and Dragon, the top of the three, great quality of detail and options, but can reach twice the price than the others, according to where it is acquired ...

Cheers Shaun :santa:

On 23/12/2018 at 16:13, PlaStix said:

Hi Francis. Just checking if you have had chance to make a start yet?

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix,
Between the celebrations :party:and see the entire GB forum :tired:... I've had a gap and I'm going to upload some progress, nothing spectacular, but ...

Cheers Stix :santa:

• Haha 1

On 20/12/2018 at 23:14, Yetifan said:

I did’nt even realise that Italeri offered kits with all these extra bits in, will follow this with interest 🙂

It is not a Takom or Meng, but they make the kit a bit more interesting. The auto-armored kit that the comrade says, and another one is the "Sahariana", they are very recent kits in Italeri, and include pretty add-ons interesting (resin for example).

Many thaks for your interest, cheers Yetifan. :santa:

UPDATE 01:

Hi Pals, the first contact with the kit. This unlike the JGDPZ, has the hull in one piece, as it was formerly the PZ IV kits from italeri, but it is a point in its favor, because the other, had a very complicated assembly, without necessity, that is, if You can do it with a piece and not with 3 or 5, and it also looks better ... and did not fit as it would have been desirable.

That helped me assemble the elements of the running gear soon, and once sanded and tuned, they are already fixed in place. A little monotonous and tired, because Pz IV has many pieces there. The kit allows you to choose some pieces, although it does not specify anything special about it.

The next task, the tracks, one of the most tedious for my taste. Separate them from the sprues, it was somewhat difficult, because they are not very accessible, without breaking them, although the plastic is quite strong, and somewhat rigid.

They needed a job of sanded and tuning quite conscientious, because there are flash marks on the inside.:deadhorse:

Until the next update, thanks for watch and comment as always. :santa:

S42Mbsi.jpg

fKOT41B.jpg

z3vJ7eY.jpg

A lot of work!.....:tired:

wCweZhN.jpg

With the "super-tool-homemade" and the tracks ...

zfgOM50.jpg

This will bring me busy longer than I would like ...

Cheers for all :santa:

NyuWAWh.jpg

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 5

Hi Francis. Looks like you have got on very well with your build. The hull and wheels look to have gone together well. You also seem to be getting on well with the track links despite the issues with getting them off the sprues. It is annoying when the manufacturer doesn't leave enough of a gap between the sprue runners and the parts to get cutters or similar in.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Francis. Looks like you have got on very well with your build. The hull and wheels look to have gone together well. You also seem to be getting on well with the track links despite the issues with getting them off the sprues. It is annoying when the manufacturer doesn't leave enough of a gap between the sprue runners and the parts to get cutters or similar in.

Kind regards,

Stix

At least, the lower part of the tracks, I do not think they are a big problem, but I think that they have something saggy, so I'll have to put together a pacient I'm afraid, and that when the side skirts are the same, this You do not see ...:hmmm:

Cheers Stix :santa:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Francis,

I'm sure he tracks will be worth all of the tedium!

I'm hoping to buy something similar for my Nashorn, so I would say that!

Rearguards

Badder

Hi Badder,

Wow, I thought the Nashorn, being an expensive Tamiya kit, included tracks link to link.
If you decide to add new ones, I do not know if there will be some that are "easy" to assemble.
Particularly, I would study well how are those that bring those of the kit, comparing its detail with others from third parties, and if it includes everything that it should, I bet for the originals, a lot of work and time saved :tired:, and the saggy, it is easy to do , so IMHO is an option to keep in mind ...

Cheers mate :santa:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

, I would study well how are those that bring those of the kit, comparing its detail with others from third parties, and if it includes everything that it should, I bet for the originals, a lot of work and time saved :tired:, and the saggy, it is easy to do , so IMHO is an option to keep in mind ...

Cheers mate :santa:

Hi Francis,

I wouldn't pay money for AM tracks if they are just going to be 'standard' width.

I am looking specifically for Winterketten, or Ostketten tracks for my Nashorn. These (as you know) are wider than the standard tracks and will make the Nashorn look a lot 'meaner' which is what I'm after.  Also, it will allow me to have a fair bit of mud on them without hiding all of the detail.

If I can't find suitable Winter/Ostketten tracks then I will stick with the kit's rubber bands. They are actually fairly good.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Badder said:

If I can't find suitable Winter/Ostketten tracks then I will stick with the kit's rubber bands. They are actually fairly good.

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder,

Totally agree, those "beaks of duck"🦆, are a very cool touch, and more "menacer" whether for PzIVs or Shermans ... and I thought about the osketen, but at that time I did not remember the correct name...:popcorn:

Cheers Badder:santa:

• Like 1

UPDATE 02:

Hi Pals,

Continuing with the kit, something more advance, not as much as I would like, because the tracks are very "tiresome".:tired:

One of them is already complete and in its place, and the other almost ready to "fit" it into yours.

Maybe the sag, is a little more than what I would have liked, but I found it very difficult to control that problem, without detaching the links, if I had to recompose in some points.

Anyway, I suspect that when side-skirts (I still do not know how many I'll put on each side), much of what would be seen from the tracks, will be lost from sight, so it does not seem like a big problem.:whistle:

More soon, as always, thanks for watch and comment.

Cheers mates.:santa:

QWWxkm2.jpg

vLCPadK.jpg

VvqfrOd.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Francis,

Great work mate. Nice and tidy, and the sag looks good to me.  Personally, I'd maybe knock half of the Shurtzen off. With all of the side-skirts on, too much of a StuG is hidden from view.

Wishing you and yours a happy new year.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Badder said:

Hi Francis,

Great work mate. Nice and tidy, and the sag looks good to me.  Personally, I'd maybe knock half of the Shurtzen off. With all of the side-skirts on, too much of a StuG is hidden from view.

Wishing you and yours a happy new year.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks for your opinion and like, I think it's not too exaggerated ...:hmmm:

You have read my thoughts, (one more time, my friend, as I said a bit before, the side skirts will largely hide what will be seen.

My idea (primary ... :rofl2:) would be to mount them so that they can be removed and put at will, but these kits usually have some "abstract" assemblies to comment on it in some way, and I suspect it will not be as easy as would like.
What I do plan is to "damage" them and with a "messy" aspect ...

I also wish you and your family a good start to the year :party:, and let everything go as well as possible.:santa:

NyuWAWh.jpg

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1