Airfix 1/24 Hawker Typhoon Mk.Ib "Teardrop Canopy" - Kit #A19002

Hello Chaps,

I finally, got around to taking "Final Reveal" photos of my "Tiffy" build that I completed in December of 2017. I was holding off, originally, with the intention of building a diorama base for it to sit on, then take photos, but never found the time, due to hosting buddy builds throughout the year on Facebook and YouTube.

Anyway, I will still build the base for it, and have created the perfect excuse to do so, by hosting another build beginning on January 1st, 2019 and ending on May 31st, 2019 - the "D-Day (Diorama Day) Buddy Build" in commemoration of the 75th anniversary of D-Day, June 6th, 1944.

I have to say this is a superbly detailed and enjoyable kit to build, as you will all know by now since it's release in 2014, the year my wife bought it for me for a Christmas gift.

My step-daughter bought me the 1/24 scale pilot, as a gift for Christmas 2016, to go with the model, too.

This was built straight out of the box, the only additions I made were the scratch-built fuse cables out the back of the rockets, the whip antenna and cutting out a number of panels to expose fuel tanks, cockpit, engine and air intake/radiator housing details.

Hope you like the photos in my Facebook album link that is visible even if you do not have a Facebook account, and at zero cost to me for Facebook to host the photos, a much cheaper alternative than using photo hosting websites.....

If you'd like to watch any or all of my YouTube Channel build introduction, build updates and final reveal videos for this build, then  here is the link to the build series of 8 videos:  

Thanks in advance for any comments on here and/or on my YouTube channel, much appreciated.

Bring on the HK Models 1/32 Scale Avro Lancaster Mk.I, yeah baby!!!!

Happy modeling!

Cheers,

Martin :)

Edited by UKguyInUSA
  • Like 1