Arma Hobby 2019 new release - 1/72 Yak-1B!

Procopius

Went ahead with it . This deal is too good to be true - we get two full kits , one of them with PE and all , for less than 15 euro . Also ordered 3 hataka paint bottles while I was at it .  I recently got one of those paints for testing purpose - the 10ml blue line Tan colour. It is advertised as suitable for brush but I found it sprayed beautifully thinned with IPA as well. Got 3 more of those tiny blue lines .

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Source: http://implebot.com/link/150039/200/14994415/b3f643

Today I’d like to write about two topics. First is Yak-1b (...)

forma-1.jpg

We expect Yak-1b test shot in a few days. Hopefully, all will go well and we would start production within a week. I will report progress shortly. On our blog, you can find new articles on Yak-1b colours and markings and their pilot’s stories http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/tag/yak-1b/. More texts will be published soon.

forma-2.jpg

Decals

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ArmaHobby/photos/pcb.2673352029361804/2673350012695339/

71592538-2673350019362005-86695890812414

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

7 hours ago, John Thompson said:

Pre-orders must have been pretty substantial - the kit is now marked as "Bestseller" on Arma's e-shop, and it hasn't been released yet!

John, just bumpin' my faves!

No surprise , never pre ordered a kit myself but when someone offers two full kits for the price of one( and at less than 15 euro , it is already very competitive ) , it is difficult to say no.

The way Arma hobby is going , they are emerging as one of the top 3 Eastern European brands alongside Eduard at first position and then ICM . There is marked improvement with every passing kit and they have come a long way since their Iskra kit both in terms of reducing the cost of kits and improving molding quality(especially panel line depth and width - their hurricane kit is better molded than any special hobby kit I have seen and special hobby has been around 2 decades longer ). 

• Like 4

On 7/28/2019 at 5:10 AM, caughtinthemiddle said:

Too many changes were incorporated in both designs to play with the part breakdown to such an extent that would allow to make both Yak-1 and Yak-1b (and resulting kits would really be pain to assemble). It's not an accident that both Brengun and Arma went for this solution, it is the only reasonable solution given the amount of differences between the particular Yak variants.

What I don't like from the very beginning is the use of a not really photo documented marking option for the box art of the 'weekend' kit. We don't even know if Litvyak's Yak was no. 23, and there is some evidence it wasn't: 

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1

On 7/28/2019 at 8:00 PM, John Thompson said:

There was a feature on the IPMS Stockholm site years ago, titled "The Confusion about Yak-1"; here it is, FWIW:

https://www.ipmsstockholm.se/home/the-confusion-about-yak-1-2/

There were sketches which help illustrate this article, which I think was based on Luranc's book which did include the sketches, but for whatever reason, I don't see them on IPMS Stockholm.

From IPMS Stockholm site "The Confusion about Yak-1" :

"because there was a surplus of black and green paints from tractor production in peacetime."

Seriously? "paints from tractor production" for aircraft?

%D0%B4%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B9%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%

Why didn’t they write that children's watercolor was used to paint Soviet planes?

risunok-23-fevralya-samolet.jpg

....or felt-tip pens?

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, caughtinthemiddle said:

This smells using Pilawski as source

....oh....sorry!  This monsieur knows a lot about perversions! ...(mutters to himself) ..... tractor paint for airplanes ... Pilavsky .... as I had not guessed before!

B.R.

Serge

• 2 weeks later...

Test build

Sources: 

https://www.facebook.com/ArmaHobby/posts/2681662348530772

http://www.armahobby.com/category/aircraft-models-jakowlew

A foretaste for Yak-1b fans. Test shots of the Arma Hobby model in 1/72 scale. Last finishing touches and in a few days production begins. Stay tuned, because just before release we will prepare a special offer...

72054885-2681660108530996-24358665642101

72281330-2681660091864331-28914299786105 72427349-2681660101864330-40316286347404

V.P.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It looks simply fantastic, tho shouldn't all leading edges of the moving surfaces be slightly rounded ?

No biggie tho, the overall appearance of the details is outstanding.

5 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

I've never been particularly interested in a Yak-1 til now, but pictures of the parts and of the completed model look so good that I may buy one just because this seems to be really a great kit

Go for it - the Expert kit + overtrees bonus offer is still on until the actual release date, which is imminent. How can anyone not love the Yak-1B? Such a beautiful aircraft...

Oops - now the offer is Expert kit plus overtree set plus Techmod red star decal sheet for 24.98 Euros - a saving of almost 3.00 Euros over the price if purchased separately. My mistake! The Techmod decals are quite good, BTW.

John

Edited by John Thompson
Correcting my mistake - sorry!
  • Like 2

I think I see mine in there - I feel weak with anticipation...

John

Per the latest email from Arma titled "It happened today":

"It was an hour ago when we pushed over one hundred parcels to Polish Post Van. First orders of Yak kits are on the way. Our personnel also works on Saturday to prepare as many parcels as possible for delivery. The third part of preorders is already sent today. When all of them is dispatched, we will start supplying shops and distributors."

Edited by John Thompson
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...