Arma Hobby 2019 new release - 1/72 Yak-1B!

Procopius

"Next models are under preparation. In the following year, we plan to release one model of the Polish construction from 1939 and one model of the Allied aeroplane (it is a new tool, not reboxing). Plans may change, and we will now be guided by the principle of announcing the model shortly before the premiere. As you can see, the release dates of models are challenging to keep in many companies. We also do not want to deceive customers with premature announcements given only to block plans of other manufacturers."

Source: http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2018/12/20/hurricane-mk-i-model-kit-project-overview/

Exciting news! Assuming both are in 1/72, what do we think are their likely releases? A Mustang III would certainly be welcome if they approach it with the care that they put into their Hurricane I. What other poorly-kitted aircraft flown by Poles in WWII are out there as possibilities?

For the Polish aircraft, I'd imagine they'll do something IBG hasn't done yet, so no PZL 37 or PZL 23, and IBG has announced an R-XIII. RWD-14, maybe? I'm still hoping for the beautiful PWS-10. 

• Like 6

Just now, Beard said:

Beaufighter II?

That would be really cool to see as a mainstream kit. 

I suppose they could do the Fairey Battles that 300 (Masovian) Squadron flew briefly.

• Like 2

For a new company, I suspect they are still looking at smaller tooling, so a Mustang would seem likelier than a Beaufighter, or even a Battle.  Of course it doesn't have to be British - Poles flew the little Caudron fighter, and MS406s.   Surely the Mustang would be the best seller from all five of those.  A Hurricane Mk.II is perhaps too much to hope for.

For a Polish one. a decent P.50 would be interesting now that more information is available, but probably still not nearly enough.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Beard said:

I certainly hope so, I've got a half full banana box of Revell MkIIs.

16 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

A Hurricane Mk.II is perhaps too much to hope for.

If they do that, the resale value of my Hasegawa ones will plummet, though.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Beard said:

That'd be very nice but they weren't flown by any Polish squadrons.

True, but the types of small aircraft  flown by Polish Squadrons is limited.  Mustang lll is only real choice: can't see a Spitfire lX, though a quality Vb, Vc then Xll is surely a possibility.

• Like 1

Could it be that they go for a Soviet or French aircraft flown by Polish pilots.

French

Caudron C.714, Morane-Saulnier M.S.406 & Koolhoven F.K.58 were flown during the battle of France.

Soviet

Yakovlev Yak-1, Yak-7, Yak-9, Petlyakov Pe-2 & Ilyushin Il-2 were used by Polish units under Soviet control and formed the nucleus of the newPolish AF.

It would be nice to have a modern 1:72 kit of the Pe-2 or either Yakovlev.  There is a Pe-2 and two Yak-9Ps in Polish museums available for measuring up. 

British/US

HP Halifax and Lancaster are a bit large for a small company

Mosquito FB IV and NF XIII more manageable

Hurricane IIC could probably use some of the lessons learned from the first Hurricane kit

Mustang Mk.III and IV were flown by Polish squadrons later in the war.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LN-KEH said:

Soviet

Yakovlev Yak-1

Beat me to it! Personally I think the Yak-1b (Yak-1M in Polish service) would be an excellent choice. Just Google Yak-1b Poland and check the images for a few examples of these aircraft flown by Polish pilots, either with the VVS or the Polish AF postwar. A good-looking aircraft with no representation in 1/72 scale except for the old and crude ZTS Mikro 72 kit.

John

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, spaddad said:

Is it an absolute given that they are, initially anyway, only going to produce Polish crewed subjects?

I don't know if it's been explicitly stated, but all of their kits so far have had a significant Polish connection. 

• Like 1

My wishes are quite different, although a decent Yak-1b could be warmly welcome too.

Let me dream... an Albatros B.II, DFW C.V, Caudron G.3, Salmson 2A2, Breguet XIX, Cessna UC-78, Miles Master, MiG-19...

All used by the Polish Air Force and half of them (German, US and Soviet types) preserved in the Polish Aviation Museum. 

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1

Most of the Polish Spitfire units were flying Spitfire XVI`s by the end of WW2,..... so maybe a teardrop canopy Mk.XVI? A Battle would be lovely mind you and a Hurricane Mk.II would be superb,..... especially a Mk.IIb!! 

• Like 1

I'd like to see some of the Soviet aircraft they flew during the Second World War. I'll second John on the Yak-1B. High time someone did a decent kit of an important little aeroplane.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

From the most recent Arma newsletter:

"Second and probably more anticipated information is a new kit announcement. I am planning to post information on our website on Saturday. The release is scheduled for September. Stay tuned!"

So we should know what it is by Saturday. Woohoo!

• Like 3