The first HK Lancaster WIP?

I got me some custom masks made up, and here be the tail feathers.  There's a little bit of bleed to be fixed up, but I'm pretty happy with the last 90 minutes!

y4mjceumCkKxfg9fBdXnMwYWV1TYQkhuqnaC7Dtl

Paint is Tamiya, with some custom mixes I found somewhere on the Internet...

Laters...

• Like 10

21 hours ago, Chemguy3000 said:

Any chance you could share your custom Tamiya paint mixing ratios?

David

Not just the Internet, it was actually on your favourite modelling website. No, not Playboy.com...

Looking at that picture. I'd love to take credit for what might appear to be modulation and weathering on the plains of black, but in reality it is only highly thinned Lifecolor (Ultimate Products thinners;  it's good stuff!) plus Windsor and Newton flow improver. That's how it turned out, and I'm unlikely to do anything on purpose! 

• 3 weeks later...

Post Christmas progress...  awaiting putting on the codes, and the bomb tally, etc.

The opaque side:

y4m-XgdLcVwQ-Om_CBmXTj-l1hsMGnC49yD0C6R-

The transparent side:

y4mrxbael0kSHtjhuuQ8njGk4vviAzdTjYFpbx3r

And the cockpit (simply because its been masked away for the last 6 months and I'd forgotten what it looks like!

y4mhB2zkTs0DLjY52AXaFvtgduORttHuSNkANDuu

It will all be over by Easter...  Maybe

• Like 5

Unusual (for me) combination of pre-shading and Top-Notch masks...

y4my71P_ftIZkfhwC80BZTk9D2Ft3UOmoG_XLNBP

This Christmas break has definitely moved things on a bit.  Sadly, back to work on Monday, so my more normal glacial pace will recommence!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I scratched an H2S scanner, using the pictures posted earlier.  It's not brilliant, but it is definitely better than an empty radome...

y4mbo7ZikyPvsKPOLpK4hbHqPFlwxLZ3RqRoT64q

y4m-44Lm1PySewiFTymaToziPPZ4mzSEVD14XkBY

I think this plane has the 80:20 rule going on.  I don't want to put on things like wings, bomb doors, undercarriage doors etc until I have detailed a couple of engine bays, and that is waiting on my getting good references from lots of angles.  Does anyone know if the Cosford York still has one of its engine bays uncowled?

Mike

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, woody37 said:

This looks amazing :)

Thanks.  I just uncovered your thread about the colours of the identification lights on the rear fuselage, so red, green and amber clear colours will be coming at the weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

y4miovHUEL8UgHLI3zg0kPuUpda6YhMQ8Y-IPW96

This is what happens when you spray Humbrol gloss Clear onto Tamiya paint. For the record, not a happy bunny. 

I only wanted to put a few stencils on, but glossing only where they went would have ended up looking patchy after dulling it back. 

• Sad 2