The first HK Lancaster WIP?

Hello, 

No sooner do I put my Special Hobby Tempest to bed, than the largest model box I have yet to see lands on my doorstep. 

My goal is a medium-weathered, semi-see through, Lancaster B Mk 1. I fully expect someone to come up with vinyl masks for R5868 at some point, and when they do, I shall strike! Failing that, I I'm sure Mal's Miracle Masks (or similar) can be induced to create something appropriate. 

I can do sprue shots if you *really* want but you all know what it looks like. 

Back to work for now. Emerson, Lake and Palmer to keep me sane...

• Like 11

To paraphrase Jaws, 'I think we're going to need a bigger ...........'

Might have to set up a seating area in the car park for this one!

I'm in 

Box On

Strickers

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chaotic Mike said:

Hello, 

No sooner do I put my Special Hobby Tempest to bed, than the largest model box I have yet to see lands on my doorstep. 

My goal is a medium-weathered, semi-see through, Lancaster B Mk 1. I fully expect someone to come up with vinyl masks for R5868 at some point, and when they do, I shall strike! Failing that, I I'm sure Mal's Miracle Masks (or similar) can be induced to create something appropriate. 

I can do sprue shots if you *really* want but you all know what it looks like. 

Back to work for now. Emerson, Lake and Palmer to keep me sane...

Semi see through, do you mean flak damage?

• Haha 1

Its got to be a 'MUST SEE' build

I have already clicked the  'FOLLOW' button so I dont miss diddlley

There has been much talk about its faults such as two dinghy stows, one each wing and wing tip lights etc so you will be the first to set things right . . . .

Sally forth

I'll perch on a tree lime for this one. Leaving the ground open for all the parts. That is if no one minds. I've found myself progressing to the larger scale over the last half year or so. Joints stiffing and the like. Watching with great interest and may over time get one of those HK kits..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sinnerboy said:

Have you finished it yet?

:popcorn:

Wot he sed!

Wot he sed!

Wot he sed!

Comfy chair to sit on and a pipe to chew on and point knowingly at strategic moments.

Trevor

• Haha 3

Erm... I'll do my best, but I'm not planning on fixing too many issues, not least because I don't know what they are! I think @Mancunian airman is your man there. Of course, should he alert me to quick fixes, I'll apply them but I draw the line at sawing... My Tempest gave me quite enough trauma there! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We all know you will do your best. I bought 3 Trumpeter kits recently 2 P-51B/C's and P-47and plan on some treatments. Also a couple of the Revell P-51D's. Waiting on myself to finish the inside of my hobby building to start. In the near future.

Ron VanDerwarker

And I thought what I was building was big! Count me in for the duration."plops in comfey chair and drops case of guinness nearby" I don't want to run out when the good parts occur.:drink: