Panther A or G?

Giangio

Good evening everyone, as the title is undecided whether to buy a panther A or G.

Wanting to try and do a little bit of everything in the world of modeling, now I have to do an AFV. I can not hide that I am a little bit afraid of doing these vehicles, but let's get to the point 😁

Panther A:

For this version I would like to use the Meng kit and play the Panther of 3rd SS Panzerdivision, but I have some doubts about camouflage pattern, I found 2 photos on different websites and both have different camouflage

xg1fSM0.png

OCmSWW5.jpg

Credits:

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/n ... anther.php
https://www.pinterest.it/pin/6826472559 ... 5/?lp=true

These are the camouflage, as you can see they are different, although they are part of the 3 Pz.Div. (even if the unit is not the same, shouldn't they have the same camo?)

Panther G:

For this version instead, I was thinking about the Tamiya kit and the camo would be as follows:

vZsaCdl.jpg

Here the problem would be reproducing the foliage above the tank (Any advices on this are more than welcome)

Not being very experienced in tanks I thought to ask you guys your opinion about this, surely there is someone much more experienced than me, who can (hopefully) give me some advices

I'm sorry if i made some grammar errors,

Cheers from Italy 🇮🇹

stay away from the darkside my friend!

I'm working up to getting myself a Takom A (early, or mid), because two restaurations (Littlefield, Wheatcroft) are Ausf.A's, so much info is available.

Edited by Bozothenutter
  • Like 1

Being a fan of Panther kits, I can really highly recommend Dragon Panther Gs. They can be had reasonably priced when ordering via eBay directly from China.  Be sure to include international offerings in the search. 

For your camown question. Firstly, to my experience, most drawings of schemes, especially those line-patterns, seem to be pictured much too regular. When looking at bw pictures you often realize how uneven the paint coverage was. On the other side and I am not sure about that. The question is wether these were really the same tanks pictured by the different interpretations even when showing the same tactical numbers. There was breakdown,  maintenance or replacement.  For the foliage, there are various offerings in that scale from flocked wires to laser cut pe, even flocking root diy is a possibility. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Bozothenutter said:

stay away from the darkside my friend!

I'm working up to getting myself a Takom A (early, or mid), because two restaurations (Littlefield, Wheatcroft) are Ausf.A's, so much info is available.

I saw that the Takom kit is very nice, but there's also interior, and i'm not interested on that, to me it would be a waste of money

38 minutes ago, Soeren said:

Being a fan of Panther kits, I can really highly recommend Dragon Panther Gs. They can be had reasonably priced when ordering via eBay directly from China.  Be sure to include international offerings in the search. 

For your camown question. Firstly, to my experience, most drawings of schemes, especially those line-patterns, seem to be pictured much too regular. When looking at bw pictures you often realize how uneven the paint coverage was. On the other side and I am not sure about that. The question is wether these were really the same tanks pictured by the different interpretations even when showing the same tactical numbers. There was breakdown,  maintenance or replacement.  For the foliage, there are various offerings in that scale from flocked wires to laser cut pe, even flocking root diy is a possibility. 

If i'll choose the Ausf G, i'll consider the purchase of the dragon kit, Thanks for the advice 😀