Taiwan trip photos (image heavy!)

Red Dot

hi all,

I recently took a trip to Taiwan, so i thought that i would share a few photos with you. Apart from some very dull days weatherwise, the whole holiday was fantastic and the avaition content was amazing.

As you can see, there is an incredible variety of colourful aircraft in Taiwan and it provides pure inspiration for modellers.

I hope you enjoy looking at them as much i enjoyed taking them. Any comments and criticisms are more than welcome

Andy

AH-64-ROC-Army-2.jpg

AT-3-ROCAF-1.jpg

Beech-1900-ROCAF-1.jpg

Beech-1900-ROCAF-3.jpg

Boeing-737-ROCAF-2.jpg

C-130-ROCAF-2.jpg

E-2-ROC-Navy-6.jpg

F-16-ROCAF-11.jpg

F-16-ROCAF-18.jpg

F-16-ROCAF-32.jpg

F-5-ROCAF-12.jpg

F-5-ROCAF-14.jpg

F-5-ROCAF-3.jpg

F-5-ROCAF-34.jpg

F-5-ROCAF-35.jpg

F-5-ROCAF-47.jpg

F-5-ROCAF-50.jpg

F-5-ROCAF-6.jpg

F-CK-1-ROCAF-11.jpg

F-CK-1-ROCAF-26.jpg

F-CK-1-ROCAF-3.jpg

Fokker-F50-ROCAF-6.jpg

Mirage-2000-ROCAF-26.jpg

Mirage-2000-ROCAF-29.jpg

Mirage-2000-ROCAF-39.jpg

P-3-ROC-Navy-2.jpg

RF-5-ROCAF-1.jpg

S-70-ROC-Navy-3.jpg

T-34-ROCAF-1.jpg

UH-60-ROC-Army-2.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Hi Mike,

I have no idea why Photoshop decided to make it large on some pictures and not others.The font is set at 12.

It's the first (and last) time i have tried it.

Andy

13 hours ago, Red Dot said:

Hi Mike,

I have no idea why Photoshop decided to make it large on some pictures and not others.The font is set at 12.

It's the first (and last) time i have tried it.

Andy

You may have Cropped or Re-sized the photos. There should be an option to scale the font size.

I knew those big missiles would attract some attention 😉.

They are called Wan Chien and are similar to JSOWs i.e. a stand-off missile. According to the internet, they only entered service in August 2018, so to see them on a plane was a big surprise. Apparently, this is the test squadron though, so maybe all that you read isn't true.

We also saw a couple of Predator-like drones sticking out of a hanger at another base, so the Taiwanese are well up on thier technology.

Thanks for all the other comments. In general, the planes were extremely well kept, but the paint on the Mirages was very worn out in some cases.

Mike - i did resize the pictures but the text was entered at the same time. Can't be bothered to redo it !!!!!

Andy

Edited by Red Dot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the comments all.

Hi Craig - i think they are the last users of the RF-5 and only have five left of which i only saw one, so very rare indeed

Andy

Edited by Red Dot

• 1 month later...

hi Radleigh,

I just organised it all myself based on the few reports from the internet that i could find. It was actually far easier than i first thought.

4Aviation seem to be the only tour company that run tours there.

Andy

Don't know how I missed these when they were first posted. Some lovely shots of an air force that doesn't seem to get a lot of attention. I particularly like the retro F5's in the silver scheme. 

Did you have any issues with base security?

We had no issues whatsoever with security, in fact we never even saw any. It probably helped that there were only three of us too.

Taiwan was a lovely country to visit and everyone we met was really helpful and friendly, food was good and we stayed in some great local hotels.

If you get the chance, do it

Andy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1