Toyota Minolta 88C-V Tamiya 1/24

3 hours ago, fet_thunderdome said:

thanks! ehm.. there are at least 2 omissions.. one is the Jag, the other one is the Mazda 787b. Hard to be found 

Yes, the Mazda is hard to track down these days.  Personally I'd like to see some of the C2 cars such as the Spice and the Ecurrie Ecosse cars in 1/24, but I'm pretty sure that will never happen.

You could add the lovely Lancia LC2 as well 🙂

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Vicarage Vee said:

Yes, the Mazda is hard to track down these days.  Personally I'd like to see some of the C2 cars such as the Spice and the Ecurrie Ecosse cars in 1/24, but I'm pretty sure that will never happen.

You could add the lovely Lancia LC2 as well 🙂

yes that would be a nice Martini livery to add. for the le mans series there are 2 toyota GT one too (1998 and 1999) and 2 mclaren gtr long tail (loctite and gulf)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent build of a fantastic subject. Certainly looks fast just setting still. Sadly, I was too young to enjoy the great Group C cars in person, but the 956 is one of my all-time favorite cars because of the Tamiya kit. 

I’ve got a question for you regarding the Eduard seatbelts. I’ve got a set in blue for a car I’m working on, but the front and back of the etch are two totally different textures, and more importantly, colors. Did you have this issue, and if so, how did you address it?

Thanks for sharing, and for any advice you have on the seatbelts!

44 minutes ago, RadMax8 said:

Excellent build of a fantastic subject. Certainly looks fast just setting still. Sadly, I was too young to enjoy the great Group C cars in person, but the 956 is one of my all-time favorite cars because of the Tamiya kit. 

I’ve got a question for you regarding the Eduard seatbelts. I’ve got a set in blue for a car I’m working on, but the front and back of the etch are two totally different textures, and more importantly, colors. Did you have this issue, and if so, how did you address it?

Thanks for sharing, and for any advice you have on the seatbelts!

Thanks i built a 956

one too, with rothmans livery. For the seatbelts I did nothing to address the texture problem, it's such a small detail Which is not likely to be seen so easily so I didn't care too much.

• Thanks 1

I saw in your last photo, quite the lineup there!

Maybe I need to be a little less picky and just deal with the belt!🤫 Hopefully no one will know!

• Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 8:00 AM, fet_thunderdome said:

thanks! ehm.. there are at least 2 omissions.. one is the Jag, the other one is the Mazda 787b. Hard to be found

Alternative decals here

https://www.hiroboy.com/124_Mazda_787B_ChargeReown_55_Le_Mans_1991_Decals_Tamiya--product--5718.html

currently a kit on eBay :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAMIYA-1-24-Model-MAZDA-787B-1991-No-18-Le-Mans-24-hours-326/132910215783?hash=item1ef210f267:g:t4MAAOSwzTFcDST2

lovely builds though. Impressed 👍🏼

Edited by Cooper645
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

On a tangent, I was just musing over the Protar 1/24 Lancia LC2 and found a review online https://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/models/lc2.htm . Oh my goodness.  I have had several Protar kits in the loft for quite a few years now.  I've never been very impressed with the quality of the raw material but the Lancia looks particularly bad.  Given the prices they fetch these days (why?) I think the mortgage is reasonably safe...

1 hour ago, Vicarage Vee said:

On a tangent, I was just musing over the Protar 1/24 Lancia LC2 and found a review online https://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/models/lc2.htm . Oh my goodness.  I have had several Protar kits in the loft for quite a few years now.  I've never been very impressed with the quality of the raw material but the Lancia looks particularly bad.  Given the prices they fetch these days (why?) I think the mortgage is reasonably safe...

That's particularly bad!!

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, whiskey said:

Beautiful build. Question though, what's the difference between the Tamiya and Hasegawa Toyota 88s? I can't find anything on the web about them.

The Hasegawa is a simpler-to-build curbside kit. That's car model speak for one-piece body and no engine detail.

On 25/04/2019 at 05:32, whiskey said:

Beautiful build. Question though, what's the difference between the Tamiya and Hasegawa Toyota 88s? I can't find anything on the web about them.

Thanks mate. They are 2 different cars. Hasegawa is a Toyota 88C, Tamiya is a 88C-V, they differ in some things, like the front, a little on the front fenders and so on. And as Scott Garard said, Hasegawa is a curbside, Tamiya is a "Full" detail.

The Tamiya kit is awesome and come together very easily.

• Thanks 1