Panzer IV H in Spain Tamiya 1/48 - finished!

exdraken

oh yes...

was working on the return rollers when I noticed that I seem to miss a roadwheel pair and a return roller..... carpet monster? or myself monstermonster? :banghead:

Vh4FskW.jpg

did some painting as well ,

let's see tomorrow. how that turned out......

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well it does look excellent under it's first bit of paint. I reckon it does look similar to the French Artillery Green, Humbrol 179, that Artie mentioned in Post #4. 

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix

so,,

some paintwork to make it look like well used...

but this is Spanish service use, not Eastern Front remember!

5QbtQSq.jpg

MvNVatx.jpg

chains, I opted for a metalic base color.. maybe too shiny for now...

and that is how it looks (one side only!) after lots of swearing,,,,  probably putting on the hull top first is not the best idea,,,,

dTXxD17.jpg

cheers!

• Like 3

the second chain is also mounted... can't be harder on the real thing I guess!

some photos of it in sunshine, shade and whatsover so to get an idea about the color shade....

5Rh0wU7.jpg

6Pvm50E.jpg

wvv2L8W.jpg

mGD3wx7.jpg

9GWGWZ3.jpg

what do you think?

yC9qPGq.jpg

cheers, 

Werner

• Like 7

It looks very good I would not know if that color is correct, because the Spanish vehicles have a green, darker color, as it was seen in the response 4 of the thread, and in some photos that includes the mate Artie.
I have not seen any of these really, but yes, various previous 155mm howitzers, a T26, and even two PAK40s, and although they were permanently exposed to the outside, their color was definitely green.
It is not a criticism, just a note in case it is useful...:popcorn:

Cheers mate 👍

39 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

It looks very good I would not know if that color is correct, because the Spanish vehicles have a green, darker color, as it was seen in the response 4 of the thread, and in some photos that includes the mate Artie.
I have not seen any of these really, but yes, various previous 155mm howitzers, a T26, and even two PAK40s, and although they were permanently exposed to the outside, their color was definitely green.
It is not a criticism, just a note in case it is useful...:popcorn:

Cheers mate 👍

thanks a lot Francis!

I actually can't really say if French Artillery Green is more or less green under which lighting conditions....

look at this presumably not yet repainted Spanish STUG III 

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Museo_de_Artillería_de_Cartagena_-_STUG_III_modelo_G_10.JPG

this one is darker... no discussion ;) 

http://www.albatros-models.com/VerGaleria.asp?IDGaleria=31

this one?

pic15141-756836_zpsx7mbqiac.jpg

(www.panzernet.com/foro4/showthread.php?17443-Breve-rese%F1a-sobre-los-Panzer-IV-quot-Hispanos-quot&p=133709&viewfull=1#post133709)

maybe it turned out  a bit on the light side... it is kind of green when not in bright sunlight, and also ~matches Arties color sample.... when viewed in front of the sceen :~

maybe I need to do another very green one? ;)  :P 

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1

Hi exdraken, 

Your vehicle looks very good as it already is, it would be a pity to have to repaint it, and for some photos that you see, you can go through one of the ones in full sun, and when there is sun, there really is .. .😎
The vehicles that indicate, have an olive green color, and currently, the Spanish AFVs (Leopards, Pizarros, Centaurs, M113, etc., keep the green color mostly, camos is not easy to see, perhaps in some maneuvers.
MIG makes a color that seems to be right for him, of course, once modulated / weathered, he would change his tone ...
I include a link for you if it is useful.

https://www.migjimenez.com/en/real-colors/34-spanish-green-khaki-8432074000310.html

Cheers mate 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thanks guys!

repainting is not really an option, decals where placed already last night ;) 

so here she/ he is :

no sunshine photos though..... :P 

received its machine guns, the coax and the pintle mounted ones are from the kit, the 3rd one is metal from RB :)

pic your fav. color:

6yexPsCUtp62e-5Yk79rx3_UCSfuQkkqRCh54zHV

Q_308j49m02NScZs_2dTSyKfCclmer1zDXu1xQ5b

NL3XZ6xqGZvYNJJpxyGB6rEuZfTCpywtLgrr8PCF

DY4rZGkXhAxzuZUjUhtxrrQnO9J1Xb11ZWw383qz

B_aiEFsQPft0PGkEf3xqkx9qki004DmCfWRYaVf_

qRTAn9XRfJ7CFO67Cb1j0qWAenAaC9UZuM9H6DoX

cheers,

better outside photos to follow, 

was an enjoying, pretty fast build!

a flat clear coat is maybe still necessary.... lets see if I dare to change the tone .... :) :) 

thanks for all your help!

Werner

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 6

That does look excellent Werner and fascinating to to see how the different lighting makes the colour look so different. I'm really pleased you enjoyed the build and I'm looking forward to seeing the photos in the gallery. 

Kind regards, 

Stix 

to the:  Gallery

some more photos:

it is even more impressive on the big screen then in (model)reality ;) 

ctZNdMm.jpg

qjFoTfN.jpg

G3pMiAZ.jpg

XPj1YlV.jpg

BQKYxmO.jpg

oM8v3bU.jpg

LZdlFwo.jpg

tTgWlbY.jpg

gracias/ thanks for this incredible PIV GB! :) 

:thumbsup:  

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 14

I think in the end you have achieved a very correct color, without a doubt, it would vary according to the vehicle, its state of use, regiment, batch of paint used at the time of your painting ... but IMHO, that vehicle is a Spanish tank (from the time), because now the color is something different. :goodjob:

Cheers mate 👍

• Like 1

That really does look excellent! It does actually look like the real thing in some of the photos. And I really like the finish you have achieved! Superb modelling! :worthy:

Kind regards, 

Stix 

• Like 1

Excellent result, but if you allow me to be a little picky, I'd like to tell you one thing: You're worrying about the colour more than we do when repainting the real ones....

Just an example: This week, Juan noticed that some of his Unit's lorries needed a repaint. Ordered a few privates to do the job, and what he found today was one of them repainting some lorries with a can of paint and....a paint roller......no two lorries in the same line looked the same colour. Otherwise, your "panzer" looks fantastic...!!! Felicidades...!!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...