Kawanishi H8K2 Emily - Hasegawa 1/72

Hi everyone, This is my 1/72 H8K2 Emily, unfortunately the right tail stabilizer isn't perfectly at 90° with the vertical tail plain

I hope that you guys will like this massive seaplane as much as i do

iFqR2Gk.pngRU9Ymab.pngfmO9yNi.jpgnxfbkQF.pngjGmhfLp.jpgXCLdq2y.jpgit0kuBk.jpg

• Like 48

Really nice model. What a beast - like a Sunderland on steroids! The stabiliser problem is the kind of thing you only notice when you have taken photographs! It still looks great.

Cheers

Malcolm

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greg Law said:

Very nice build all round. I am looking at getting one for my Japanese collection.

The fit is almost perfect, the nose needs a bit of squeezing to achieve a perfect fit, overall a fantastic kit. Just watch out for the decals, i didn't liked it

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I have to say it again. Excellent build. I know how big this is because I bought on awhile ago. Worth every penny. Might not get built like my Me 323 unless I win lotto and get my own place again, but worth having in the stash. I have several kits like this I call my lotto stash.;-)

• Like 2

I have always loved the Emily, or really any Japanese sea plane in general (my favorite is probably the H8K3 with 5 20mm cannons instead of 7.7mm MG's as on the H8K2, or the biplane-fighter-seaplane F1M2). You have done her justice, I love the minute chipping towards the front.  Looks great 😃

RJ

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Everyone for the kind words, really appreciate that 😁

During these week i will start working on the Revell 1/48 Catalina, if you guys are interested on the build let me know  

8 minutes ago, Giangio said:

Thanks Everyone for the kind words, really appreciate that 😁

During these week i will start working on the Revell 1/48 Catalina, if you guys are interested on the build let me know  

Yes I'm interested. That will be a big model. Which one are you doing? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

Yes I'm interested. That will be a big model. Which one are you doing? 

I am going to do an early PBY-5A with the camo scheme used until may 1943 (the one with the insignia with the red dot in the center and the rudder with the red/white stripes). I will see how many people are interested on this build (still waiting for the extras to arrive at home)