Airfix 1/48th Blenheim I

Latest project is this Airfix Blenheim I. Built straight from the box but using some of the parts not intended for the current release. (although they're in the box) Namely the bomb doors, bombs and racks and most importantly for this version, the Vokes filters.

Decals are from an old Eagle Strike sheet originally intended for the Classic Airframes kit which probably explains why the large fin flash decal wasn't even close to fitting. This I sprayed on but I think I'd have done it that way anyway as it gives a better result.

Anyway, thanks for looking as usual.

46343593591_b18dc3ea1b_b.jpgB2[/url

45620151744_06519196a1_b.jpgB1

45430868315_d4116a118d_b.jpgB4

45620152904_c24de471e3_b.jpgB5

• Like 62

Beautiful model. I wish I could get one, but they don't seem to have got down under yet. I think I will follow your lead with the scheme. 

What is the blue paint you used? I need to get some for my current models. 

Edited by Greg Law

7 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

Beautiful model. I wish I could get one, but they don't seem to have got down under yet. I think I will follow your lead with the scheme. 

What is the blue paint you used? I need to get some for my current models. 

Thanks for your comments Greg. The Mediterranean blue is my own mix (although I still think its a little dark?) It was based on Humbrol 48 with some 47 and white added. The Dark and Light Earth is your basic Xtracolor.  Hope you get them soon.

25 minutes ago, Selwyn said:

Really great build love the paint job

Selwyn

(Spotted your deliberate mistake. You really need to repaint your bombs out of the  1964 NATO markings and into WW2 markings! :giggle: )

Do you know, I knew they weren't really right...I assume they should be that buff sort of colour with a red band? Thanks for pointing it out. Will repaint immediately.... 

I try not to look at too many 1/48th models in the RFI section for no other reason than to make sure I don't spend ALL day marvelling at other people's build.  However, I am really glad I took a gander at your Blenheim.  Absolutely superb.