This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

BallsBuster

FV 432 - Telford Payback

1 minute ago, Whofan said:

Sounds like a quick scratch job then if I wanted to!

I reckon so. I can't see anyone doing those as AM sets in this scale.

2 minutes ago, Rogue705 said:

Ahhh, we were the 80's. Road moves we had a flag (Blue I think) on lead vehicle of the column, Green (I think) on rear vehicle

Just Amber flashing lights for the REME if they were dealing with a broken down 432

We used the flags as well for convoys. But we didn't travel that way with AFV's on roads much in the UK. In fact, other than the driving course, we didn't do much road driving at all.

Just now, Bish said:

We used the flags as well for convoys. But we didn't travel that way with AFV's on roads much in the UK. In fact, other than the driving course, we didn't do much road driving at all.

5 Years in Paderborn (in what was then known then as West Germany) Lots of Road moves, lots of Rail moves

In fact, those were the good old days when you could dig a trench in some poor Germans garden 🙂

5 minutes ago, Rogue705 said:

5 Years in Paderborn (in what was then known then as West Germany) Lots of Road moves, lots of Rail moves

In fact, those were the good old days when you could dig a trench in some poor Germans garden 🙂

Now you can't even crap in the woods without doing it in a large blue plastic box.

Very tactical.

5 minutes ago, Bish said:

Now you can't even crap in the woods without doing it in a large blue plastic box.

Very tactical.

That must have come in after I left. Back then it was still the good old 'Shovel Patrol' 🙂

58 minutes ago, Rogue705 said:

I remember those days well, most of the track mileage was on German roads, the amber winkypots came in around 1991, I can remember going to 

the SQMS to sign for them, after that the REME sparkies were wiring them up from the rear light cluster. They were removed once we got into the exercise

area and away from the public roads.

I did see on exercise, we were playing enemy during a Divisional  FTX ( Full Tac Exercise ) we had one road move as a convoy where we were going to pass 

a convoy of Chally tanks in a German village, the Chally Sqn was also our enemy. The exercise umpires deemed it not good sport for us to have a running gun fight whilst transiting 

through a small village, so we had to pass each other in a gentlemanly fashion. All good except the road wasn't wide enough to get a 432 and Challenger tanks down at the same time going in opposite directions.

We slowed down only to watch the challengers just cruise right over garden fences, hedges , gates and almost a few family pets :o,  you don't realise how wide a challenger 1 track is until you see the damage it does to a nice lawn.  Reckon the Damcon teams worked very hard that day !! 

The price of freedom I'm afraid :hmmm:

My time in one of these was with an EW Sqn. They always broke down at Sennybridge and required an ‘in the field engine change’! I moved to Pinzgauers and Jackals. 

Back to the build, it’s lovely to see one. And done exceptionally well too. Can’t wait to see it finished. I recommend a diorama with about 10 blokes having a smoke around it! 😂 

19 minutes ago, GrimReaper09 said:

My time in one of these was with an EW Sqn. They always broke down at Sennybridge and required an ‘in the field engine change’! I moved to Pinzgauers and Jackals. 

Back to the build, it’s lovely to see one. And done exceptionally well too. Can’t wait to see it finished. I recommend a diorama with about 10 blokes having a smoke around it! 😂 

14 Sigs ?

34 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

I remember those days well, most of the track mileage was on German roads, the amber winkypots came in around 1991, I can remember going to 

the SQMS to sign for them, after that the REME sparkies were wiring them up from the rear light cluster. They were removed once we got into the exercise

area and away from the public roads.

I did see on exercise, we were playing enemy during a Divisional  FTX ( Full Tac Exercise ) we had one road move as a convoy where we were going to pass 

a convoy of Chally tanks in a German village, the Chally Sqn was also our enemy. The exercise umpires deemed it not good sport for us to have a running gun fight whilst transiting 

through a small village, so we had to pass each other in a gentlemanly fashion. All good except the road wasn't wide enough to get a 432 and Challenger tanks down at the same time going in opposite directions.

We slowed down only to watch the challengers just cruise right over garden fences, hedges , gates and almost a few family pets :o,  you don't realise how wide a challenger 1 track is until you see the damage it does to a nice lawn.  Reckon the Damcon teams worked very hard that day !! 

The price of freedom I'm afraid :hmmm:

Chally???? Now I'm feeling old, usualy our armour support was Chieftain 🙂

Just to make you feel better, there was still some Chieftain Squadrons (MK 11’s) kicking about in my time In Germany ;)

1 hour ago, GrimReaper09 said:

Yep. 7 years there. 

I managed 3 ... 237 Sqn, 7 years... that must make you a spec trade or wobbly head :D       :huh:poor you ... 7 years 

Nice build!! Just treated myself to of these as I've always wanted one in 1/72.

Shame the hatches aren't open but the rest of it looks like a great kit.

All the best

Ben