1/24 Tamiya Nissan Skyline R34 Nismo Z-Tune

Hi there folks, I’ve havent been on, on a while as I’ve been building this for a former workmate. 
This build is almost an OOB build other than the addition of Tamiya’s PE Upgrade Kit.
The car was painted in Zero Paints Nissan Ivory Pearl and clear coated using Zero Paints 2K Diamond Finish Clear Coat.
overall it’s was an easy is build, and I’m pleased with the finish.
I hope you all like it as well.
Cheers.

118F5E1E-4C94-46FC-8502-F6E35B95EABD_zps

AF74B6F7-AC7D-47AB-B1A7-119B5734CE0A_zps

851106A1-28BD-49CF-8BD5-8845D6159000_zps

A25ED2AC-F6E0-46D4-AE20-57148A0E96D5_zps

0801A333-3C51-446A-A493-81CEB364ADFF_zps

B01831E7-750B-4814-A710-DD4B11E93C08_zps

4D9DB2AA-2A8E-4225-A0E9-3B2B1C7477FF_zps

ED6F1827-71D6-4FFF-AB53-E5C96D702C44_zps

F731F5F8-B01D-4F21-82F0-A279F88F7582_zps

BECF8214-9B80-4EA3-9C06-CF647D4B25FC_zps

7C04C343-9BA1-499B-B0D5-BC8C23F50839_zps

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Bill.B said:

Lovely job and I especially like the exhaust , but the registration chosen (according to the DVLA) is  assigned to a Nissan 350Z 🤔

Cheers Bill, yep your right it is assigned to a car, it also belongs to the new owner of this car.

The owners car isn’t a 350Z it’s a 370Z Nismo. Hopefully we are gonna get a photo of the two cars together pretty soon.

Edited by Flipper

On 12/19/2018 at 12:31 AM, Dougboy said:

Nice build. I'm just slightly bothered by the front seatbelts going all the way to the back of the rear. 

Is the left headlight lens missing or just the weird illusion the photos are giving me?

First off if you look closely the head lamp lens isn’t missing it’s there and can be clearly seen.

Secondly, what bothers you with the seatbelts, well they are actually harnesses not seatbelts. So where else would you suggest I put them. If you look at a lot of cars fitted with “harnesses” this is where they put them.

Sorry, didnt mean to come across as an attack or being argumentative. Its a great build overall. 

As for harness mounting points, I've only ever seen the use of behind-the-seat harness bars (assuming the vehicle doesn't already have a rear roll bar or half cage). Any other anchor points are questionable and would likely not pass track inspection due to slack or spinal compression concerns. 

4 hours ago, Dougboy said:

As for harness mounting points, I've only ever seen the use of behind-the-seat harness bars (assuming the vehicle doesn't already have a rear roll bar or half cage). Any other anchor points are questionable and would likely not pass track inspection due to slack or spinal compression concerns. 

TBH, I thought this was a road rather than competition car, where the only thing they would need would be to be suitably mounted to pass the MOT test.

But even so, in the UK safety regulations for competition cars are mandated in what's known as the 'Blue Book' published annually by what used to be known as the MSA, but who recently changed their name to Motorsports UK. You might be surprised to know that the only regulation in the general competitors safety section of the book regarding 4 point belts is;

2.1.2. Four point. Two shoulder straps and one lap strap, with four anchorage points on the chassis/body shell or roll over bar of the vehicle, one either side of the driver and two to the rear of the driver’s seat.

There are then drawings in the appendix showing how bolts should be fixed and how re-inforcing plates should be added to the outside of the shell where the belts are mounted, there's no requirement here for harness bars, but most people do tend to use them in competition cars (my son & I have one in our Mini, but that's mainly because the angle of the belts would be too steep if we mounted the belts to the floor)

Also not posting to be argumentative, just for general interest....  :)

Keith