Dragon Jagdpanther First 1/35 Armour Attempt

F1xena

Hi,

Long time lurker here, but finally worked out how to post pictures. I’m not an armour builder, but have always loved the look of the Jagdpanther. I decided to take a break from racing cars and try my hand at the Dragon kit. The build is pretty much OOB with the addition of some aftermarket cables and a wire aerial. Dragon Magic Tracks....what a nightmare!

I’m not a “weatherer” (yet!) so went for a relatively clean look. I know this will be sacrilege to some, but I didn’t want to be too ambitious on my first attempt. Camo was masked with bluetac and I used the Mr Color German paint set colours. I gave it a wash with Tamiya brown panel line wash, but went a bit overboard and it ended up too dark. Removing the worst of it with thinner helped, but some paintbrush touch up of the yellow was required. 

I really enjoyed the build, and am pretty happy with the result...even if the tracks etc should be more weathered. 

Cheers

Tania

IMG_2928.jpg

IMG_2915.jpg

IMG_2939.jpg

IMG_2944.jpg

IMG_2920.jpg

• Like 16

It's been over 40 years since I last built any armor... I recently picked up a kit but haven't gotten around to starting it yet. When I do, I hope mine ends up looking as fine as your opening shot. Great job!

Edited by billn53

Do it! I’m sure you will enjoy it😀

The only experience I had with armour was 1/76 scale Matchbox kits back in the 70s. They had different coloured sprues, so I didn’t even paint them.

This Dragon kit was almost trouble free, with the exclusion of the single link parts for the tracks...and trying to get the little pins in place to hold the spare tracks on their racks. 

There will be more armour kits in my future for sure😀