German Starfighter Decals - HELP

jet-mech

Evening all. 

I'm currently working on a commission build for a friend of mine. He used to own the German air force F-104 that was static at Lasham airfield, Hampshire before being transferred by road to bruntingthorpe. He had a new in box 1/48 diecast in the Belgian tiger scheme that he asked me to rebuild into the aircraft he owned. 

Now all the paint work is pretty much complete, I'm struggling to find decals. I know hannants do a huge German selection on 3 sheets, but this seems like overkill as I'll probably never build another German aircraft. I'm looking for 22+35 and all of the stencils to go with. 

Is there anyone on the forum who prints decals or knows of another place to find some to work with? 

I'm a complete novice when it comes to aftermarket. 

Thanks all in advance

Kindest regards

Pete

14 minutes ago, Des said:

Harald Hensen trading as HaHen - http://www.hahen.de/Decals-military/Military-148  -  has a few 1/48 German F-104 sheets including generic codes , unit badges , stencils - have used some in 1/72 and they are superb but expensive.

Thanks very much for that, Des. Google very rarely throws up wonderful sites like that. Appreciate the help

2 hours ago, xvtonker said:

PM on its way Pete.

XVTonker. :pilot:

Cheers dude!

• Like 1

One thing to look out for, if your friend cares about those details - Belgian Starfighters retained the Lockheed C-2 seat, while German 104's were retrofitted with Martin Baker Mk.7s. 

Cheers,

Andre

8 hours ago, Starfighter said:

If you know wgat code numbers ie : 24 + 40, for example I have some spare 1/48 decals you can have. Also, some wing emblems. :cheers:

The code numbers are in the original post buddy. 20+35. 

https://www.airteamimages.com/lockheed-f-104-starfighter_2235_germany---german-air-force_181199.html

This is a link to the actual aircraft. The photo was taken at Lasham airfield shortly before they were forced to move the aircraft from the museum they had. 

Cheers

Pete

22 minutes ago, Hook said:

One thing to look out for, if your friend cares about those details - Belgian Starfighters retained the Lockheed C-2 seat, while German 104's were retrofitted with Martin Baker Mk.7s. 

Cheers,

Andre

Thanks for that, Andre. 

The cockpit details in the diecasts are terrible so that's another area to improve. Even if it is just a seat and a few scratch build items. 

Thanks again

1 hour ago, jet-mech said:

The code numbers are in the original post buddy. 20+35. 

https://www.airteamimages.com/lockheed-f-104-starfighter_2235_germany---german-air-force_181199.html

This is a link to the actual aircraft. The photo was taken at Lasham airfield shortly before they were forced to move the aircraft from the museum they had. 

Cheers

Pete

Hi jet-mech,

I have the 1/48  code numbers and the JaboG 34 wing emblems if you would like them. In the original post you say the airplane is 20+35, but in the photo it's 22+35, so if you email me at :

[email protected]  I can sort them out for you.  :cheers:

1 hour ago, Starfighter said:

Hi jet-mech,

I have the 1/48  code numbers and the JaboG 34 wing emblems if you would like them. In the original post you say the airplane is 20+35, but in the photo it's 22+35, so if you email me at :

[email protected]  I can sort them out for you.  :cheers:

What a nugget I am. Yes, the numbers are certainly 22+35. Sorry!

That's really very kind of you. You've all been an amazing help! 

Pm en route