Academy 1/48 TA 183 'Huckebein'

Hi,

Here is the Recent Academy 're-box' of the nice 1/48 TA 183.

The kit is a straightforward build and Academy ship it with a Decal Sheet that cover a number of WHIF / Luft46 schemes.  Given the prototypical nature of the 'real' aircraft and the fact it looks cool this is not surprising. it does open up a number of possibilities for interesting schemes.  Inspired by the excellent 'Man in the High Castle' TV series. I present my model of the TA 183. 

The model depicts an advanced trainer based at Luftwaffenstützpunkt 'Biggin Hill' October 1949. 

The model is painted in Mr Colour I chose late war German Colours and ran with the Day Glow Bands seen on Luftwaffe Jets in the 50's and 60's. Given the Post War Luftwaffe contained a number of ww2 veterans in my 'fantasy history' it seems reasonable that the germans would have come to a similar decision to use these.  The kit is OOB for the most part I used some coloured acrylic for the nav lights and added some brake lines and a bit of brass tube for the extended 'boars tusk' cannon barrels  ( indicative of the 1947 high muzzle velocity cannons)  and scratch built a FOD guard out of plastic card and brass rod. I also experimented with a molotow chrome marker for the oleo's ... I highly recommend that... 

A fun build I hope you like it. 

46328103591_51f682b492_c.jpg

45604785064_ef23b57756_c.jpg

46328104931_4d956ea804_c.jpg

46328105691_2786d21fbf_c.jpg

Cheers

Plasto...

• Like 28

l agree nice scheme. l wonder what it would looking like naked. Question is seeing the time line how much of it was wood and how much is metal

Hacker

• Thanks 1