German motocycle BMW R12

Superb. I think motorcycles are massively under-represented in this forum.

But come on, those spokes couldn't have been easy!

So, how did you do them? Did you remove one spoke and replace it with wire, and repeat with each spoke until finished, or did you remove all of the spokes first and then add the wires? Whichever way, how did you not destroy the hub when removing the plastic spokes? And did you melt/drill small holes in the rim and hub in which to stick the wire spokes?

Rearguards,

Badder

5 hours ago, Badder said:

Superb. I think motorcycles are massively under-represented in this forum.

But come on, those spokes couldn't have been easy!

So, how did you do them? Did you remove one spoke and replace it with wire, and repeat with each spoke until finished, or did you remove all of the spokes first and then add the wires? Whichever way, how did you not destroy the hub when removing the plastic spokes? And did you melt/drill small holes in the rim and hub in which to stick the wire spokes?

Rearguards,

Badder

I too would like to know maybe write a tutorial?? Wink wink hint hint..... 

Regards:

Shaun 

• Like 1

Replacement technology of the spokes isn't so diffcult. Instruction step by step;
1. Remove two neghboring spokes and then drilling coresponding holes in hub  and rim. Diametr 0.3 mm for rim and 0.25 mm for hub in this case.
2. Installing two new spokes from wire.
3. The next two plastic spokes must be cutting and replacing in oposite side of the hub. 
4. Repeat step 1-3 until all spokes will be replacing.

Removing and replacing spokes by pair and in opposite direction by each other, it's a key moment for keeping hub correct position about the rim.
So nothing diffcult, only a few patience are required. ;)

• Like 1