Zvezda 1/35 Panzer IV Ausf E Finished!

modelling minion

Hi Craig. Well, despite the fit issues with those couple of parts (that was well weird!), you have produced an excellent Pz.IV E! I do like your subtle weathering too. Very nicely done! :thumbsup::clap2::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Craig. Well, despite the fit issues with those couple of parts (that was well weird!), you have produced an excellent Pz.IV E! I do like your subtle weathering too. Very nicely done! :thumbsup::clap2::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers Stix, praise indeed from the "Panzer master".

Next time I would like to devote more time to one and have a go at the mud techniques.

• Like 1

You should be well pleased with the finish, it looks great. Weathering is excellent I tend to go for less is more and, really like how’s this came out 🙂

• Like 2

Hi Craig.

I missed this one somehow. Probably I saw the 'Zvezda' tag and thought it was braille scale - I've been looking mostly at the 1/35th scale stuff, purely because of time constraints!

You handled those tracks well - in fact all the running gear looks neat and tidy. There's certainly room for more AFVs from you should the fly-by bunch ever tire of your wingy-rotory things. 

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 9:50 PM, Yetifan said:

You should be well pleased with the finish, it looks great. Weathering is excellent I tend to go for less is more and, really like how’s this came out 🙂

Thank you, very much appreciated, I consciously went for a less weathered/ muddy finish as I'm new to armour and wanted to take things one step at a time.

On 2/10/2019 at 1:55 PM, spruecutter said:

Nice work, Craig! I think it's always good to dabble with a different type of model from time to time. There are always new things to be learned.

Cheers

Richard

Cheers Richard, yes I have enjoyed building something thats different for me and you are right I have learned things and found that a fair amount of techniques are transferable from one genre to another.

19 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Craig.

I missed this one somehow. Probably I saw the 'Zvezda' tag and thought it was braille scale - I've been looking mostly at the 1/35th scale stuff, purely because of time constraints!

You handled those tracks well - in fact all the running gear looks neat and tidy. There's certainly room for more AFVs from you should the fly-by bunch ever tire of your wingy-rotory things. 

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder, no problem missing the build as there are so many great builds going on its difficult to keep up with them all, and as you say Zvezda are more known for their smaller scale armour.

I was pleasantly surprised how well the tracks turned out, the in-built sag worked very well and I'm sure in the hands of a more experienced armour builder would look very nice indeed.

And yes there will be some more AFV's from me in the near future, an M-47 in the upcoming Patton GB for one and hopefully a T-54/55 for that GB too. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I really enjoyed reviewing this build as there was some nice modelling on display. I'm really tempted by the kit as a basis for a DAK version but a bit put off by the final drive cover palaver. Does anyone know if the issue has been fixed in later production runs or is the work around acceptable?