Missouri Mule's Morning Mission ‒ Martin Marauder

Toryu

• 1 month later...

Man, what a beauty, and a novel approach too with the electrification added! :worthy:  It's just a great scale model Michael and one that inspires me to dust off my plans for a three bomber, simultaneous build.  I have this B-26 kit and the Monogram B-25, along with the AMT A-20 (all 1/48 of course) and have been thinking about the project for years.   Maybe an "assembly line" approach would be possible that would streamline the process a lot.  But where does one display three big models together?  Gotta have another cabinet made! 😉 

Did I miss any link to a WIP thread for your B-26?   Perhaps I overlooked it...

Thanks for bringing this masterpiece back for viewing!

• Thanks 1

Michael, 

Thanks to Gary , just now  I see your Marauder. 

What a excellent built, included all the electric goodies !   

Pity I build mine in olive drab, this is much better.

Wunderbar  ! 

Cheers

JohnHaa

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Gary Brantley said:

I have this B-26 kit and the Monogram B-25, along with the AMT A-20 (all 1/48 of course) and have been thinking about the project for years.

and @JohnHaa

Thanks for the flowers guys. Yes, it was one of my greatest projects. I still enjoy a lot switching on the gimmicks when I have interested visitors at home.

Don't execute your plan, Gary! It would make me jealous 'cause I got the Monogram B-25 which still needs an overhaul, and always wanted to add the A-20. But no time for the big ones at the moment. Not even for the Accurate Miniatures early B-25 in my stash. Man, would this be a collection!

Have a great rest of the weekend, Michael

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/15/2018 at 11:41 AM, woody37 said:

Now that is quite special. Agree about the lines of the Marauder. Great photo's too, those shots with the lights on capture the atmosphere superbly :)

Quite special indeed! Outstanding work!

• Thanks 1

On 12/17/2018 at 5:49 PM, Toryu said:

Don't tell anybody: I make the sound with my mouth - vrooomgroaaaar...

So do I!!!

Normally I'm not impressed with novelty electrics in a model but in the context of your photography, this works 'brilliantly'. My face lit up when I looked at those landing lamps. Also the prop blur made by the motors is really the only way to get an authentic looking picture. Great model and photography, well done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Toryu changed the title to 77 years ago ‒ Missouri Mule's Morning Mission

It's the time of the year when this hazardous mission took place. I thought it would be alright to remember it.

Merry Christmas!

Cheers, Michael

What a magnificent model and tribute to some brave young fliers. The Monogram kit, while very much ahead of the time when it came to detailing, was known for its horrible fit issues, and you have done a bare metal Marauder, to boot! Loved the build and the story  behind the airplane!

Mike

• Thanks 1

• Toryu changed the title to Missouri Mule's Morning Mission ‒ Martin Marauder