Missouri Mule's Morning Mission ‒ Martin Marauder

Toryu

Looks really good with the lights on and the props turning. I wonder if they could produce enough thrust to taxi? Maybe not such a good idea though. Your pride and joy might taxi off the table in one short fatal flight.🛩️:boom:

• Haha 1

On 16/12/2018 at 14:04, noelh said:

Looks really good with the lights on and the props turning. I wonder if they could produce enough thrust to taxi? Maybe not such a good idea though. Your pride and joy might taxi off the table in one short fatal flight.🛩️:boom:

Haha, yes, funny idea. I actually thought about it, too. The motors should have enough power because they are meant for small balsa wood flying models. There are a few obstacles, however: First of all, the flat tyres 😕, and then the high turns of the motors which at 6V run with 18,000 rpm (I reduced the voltage to 1.5V - so maybe 5,000 rpm) compared to the Pratt's 2,600 rpm plus reduction gear for which the props would be optimized.

On the plus side they produce a considerable shake - so much that initially I was afraid that they might throw pieces off the model - and a nice prop wash that can blow away papers behind the airplane. A pity that this is not visible in the photos, would be even more realistic.

I'm happy about the many kind comments here. It's very nice to have knowledgable fellow-modellers appreciate the effort.

Happy holidays, Michael

Edited by Toryu
  • Like 3

Brilliant work, not just on the electrics, but the finish as well.

I do not know how you got that nose transparency to fit so neatly to the fuselage. That is particularly impressive.

It is indeed a fine looking machine and a deserved favourite of many, save perhaps (for me), the B-25.

Michael

• Thanks 1

On 16/12/2018 at 18:38, Michael51 said:

Brilliant work, not just on the electrics, but the finish as well.

I do not know how you got that nose transparency to fit so neatly to the fuselage. That is particularly impressive.

It is indeed a fine looking machine and a deserved favourite of many, save perhaps (for me), the B-25.

Michael

Thanks for the flowers Michael.

The nose cone is from Squadron. Their canopies matched the Monogram kit quite well as far as I remember. I don't know anymore if I had to make adjustments. If any, I prefer slight oversize issues because you can sand down the front while it gets wider.

Agree on the B-25 which I also like much (the one with the rear dorsal turret). It is more a 'muscle' plane while the B-26 is more elegant. I feel the same differentiation for the F4U / P-51, my two favourite US fighters.

Cheers, Michael

Edited by Toryu
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Toryu said:

Haha, yes, funny idea. I actually thought about it, too. The motors should have enough power because they are meant for small balsa wood flying models. There are a few obstacles, however: First of all, the flat tyres 😕, and then the high turns of the motors which at 6V run with 18,000 rpm (I reduced the voltage to 1.5V - so maybe 5,000 rpm) compared to the Pratt's 2,600 rpm for which the props are optimized. The model props are molded with a low incidence and wouldn't grip

Yes basically flat tyres = brakes, just like when I did my power checks. Brakes on, power up, it wouldn't move. Of course yes the model props aren't exactly efficient.

But you know with enough power anything will fly. 😊

• Like 1

On 16/12/2018 at 22:48, Dragon said:

WOW, just stunning! Now you just need to add the engine sound effects when the motors are running!

Mike

Don't tell anybody: I make the sound with my mouth - vrooomgroaaaar...

On 16/12/2018 at 22:37, Habu12 said:

Hehe, my comment was gonna be about your schematic too 😆 Other than not using any standard schematic symbols, great build! But it’s certainly not OOB in any way! 

Yeah, you're right, I'm not a certified electrician.

Edited by Toryu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1