1/35 Fahrgestell munitionsshlepper

Hewy

20 minutes ago, Yetifan said:

This look great, must be in the running for most interesting Pz IV version in the STGB. Colour and finish excellent, really like it. 🙂

Cheers yf, 👍

1 minute ago, modelling minion said:

Absolutely superb Glynn, fantastic work.

I like the faded and worn look and will be over the moon if mine looks half as good as yours.

Really well done mate.

That should be easy Craig, paint it the wrong colour and throw everything in your weathering arsenal at it,  that's what I did😁

Thanks guys glad you approve 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoftScience said:

This looks fantastic. I really like your painting style. 

Many Thanks ss, I don't know if it's my style, maybe, I just wanted to make it look a little beaten, 

• Like 1

Hi Glynn,

Stunning work and without a doubt a contender for the crown. How anything so ugly could be turned into a thing of beauty is known only to you and the God's of Model-Making. You've displayed a really nice and realistic range of effects.

If I may agree with you on one point, and that's that I do think your cables need replacing.

And a question.... the brass effect on the shell? Is that actual brass, or paint, and if the latter, which paint?

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Badder said:

Hi Glynn,

Stunning work and without a doubt a contender for the crown. How anything so ugly could be turned into a thing of beauty is known only to you and the God's of Model-Making. You've displayed a really nice and realistic range of effects.

If I may agree with you on one point, and that's that I do think your cables need replacing.

And a question.... the brass effect on the shell? Is that actual brass, or paint, and if the latter, which paint?

Rearguards,

Badder

Cheers badder, a contender? if only,  I could have painted it proper field grey, but where's the fun in that? Marmite isn't it, wait till you see the Russian green I'm gonna paint my t-54  in the nato-warpac 50s gb 🤪, yes I know, and agree I ballsed up the cables, as soon as I can get some proper wire cable it's on the cards, it was tight and smooth when I ca glued it, as soon as I painted it it went fluffy and sagged, I bottled out of stripping it off there and then, I wanted to get a few photos first in case there pe was unrecoverable when I prised the cables off, those bands around the shells are I believe in real life are copper, as  the Karl gerat fired its rounds through an electrical charge, and those bands are conductors, to set the round off, I painted those with "vallejo metal colour copper" really nice range, that brush paint as well as  ab really well, glad you like it badder, thanks

I'm knocking a base up for it, hope to have it finished next weekend, the fab 3 are waiting

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hewy said:

yes I know, and agree I ballsed up the cables, as soon as I can get some proper wire cable it's on the cards, it was tight and smooth when I ca glued it, as soon as I painted it it went fluffy and sagged,

Just a thought Glynn, but before 'binning' the cables, try smoothing them down with either dilute PVA, or an acrylic varnish.

4 hours ago, Hewy said:

I painted those with "vallejo metal colour copper" really nice range, that brush paint as well as  ab really well, glad you like it badder, thanks

I'm knocking a base up for it, hope to have it finished next weekend, the fab 3 are waiting

I meant copper. I have brass on the mind after my ammo. I have to admit I'm very impressed with the Vallejo copper. I would have bet that was real metal.

I look forward to seeing your base and the Fab 3. I'm glad you ditched one of the Fab 4. I hope it's McCartney.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Haha 1