1/35 Fahrgestell munitionsshlepper

Hewy

Fantastic is exactly the right word, because the instant I saw the photos at the top of the page I was transported back 20+ years, and the hours I spent gawping at the machines in the FMVs in Final Fantasy VII.

Good luck with the tracks Glynn. One advantage of the Friuls is not having to use a jig!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers badder, the kit ones won't be as nice as your  friuls by a long shot ,but  i can report the tracks are going together like a dream,the sprue attachment points are not in contact with the other track,and my new sprue cutters are making minimal clean up,  I've even created some totally unrealistic sag for effect,may even have them built up today.

• Like 2

Tracks built, painted and pigmented, and installed, they went together like a dream, glued, left in the jig for 5mins and  then both  top halfs draped over the wheels and pressed to shape, then left for a day, next day both bottom halfs, I've got to say I don't like the pigments, I'm going to ponder on it overnight, may need to darken those up a tad

Also I've got some German loafers aka "the fab four" built I'll paint there heads separately, might be easier for my meagre figure painting skills

HxEzQN9.jpg

cwwNkwl.jpg

Fitted the exhaust too

5yQz86n.jpg

I've  still got to weather the wheels 

UIoi4ZL.jpg

Done some pigments around the bogeys, and I must finish painting that wooden box, I forgot about that

CLC42kz.jpg

q1LtBZM.jpg

• Like 7

More superb progress Glynn. The only thing I'm not certain about are the tracks. It may just be the lighting (or more likely my screen!) but they look a little yellow to my eye. It really depends what other weathering you are planning doing over the top of them. The exhaust, rest of the painting and figures are all looking top notch! :clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

. The only thing I'm not certain about are the tracks. It may just be the lighting

Nope it ain't the lighting stix they are actually that colour, I've already set about removing the pigments, ti's an area along with mud that I'm not comfortable with at all, when I recast my eye over them this morning they had dryed out a bit more from the pigment fixer, and believe it or not actually looked  worse😳, no more pigments

Cheers stix for your opinion, 

Glynn 

14 hours ago, Hewy said:

Nope it ain't the lighting stix they are actually that colour, I've already set about removing the pigments, ti's an area along with mud that I'm not comfortable with at all, when I recast my eye over them this morning they had dryed out a bit more from the pigment fixer, and believe it or not actually looked  worse😳, no more pigments

Cheers stix for your opinion, 

Glynn 

Hi Glynn. Shame they looked worse. Hope the re-working goes okay. As you've seen; I'm working on my tracks at the moment. My problem is that DS tracks always seem a little spongy. They are better than some vinyl ones but I'm concerned that, despite me stretching them, they seem to be shrinking again! We'll see. I may be using more mud than I intended!

Kind regards, 

Stix 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Glynn,

I've been having a look at your Dumb Waiter under the Imgur microscope and I am even more impressed with your build than I was before. Very tidy.

As for the paintwork, everything looks great, especially the exhaust and the wood.

I understand your dilemma over the colour of your mud - always a problem - but I would have thought a yellowy colour would be okay for a sandy-soiled area, or building site, or an area of collapsed/destroyed buildings where concrete, gravel, sand, mortar etc might be laying about. 

If I were you and HAD to change the mud colour, I'd use washes. The mud structure is fine though and doesn't need removing in my opinion.

BTW If you do, for some unfathomably mad reason, paint you figures to look like the Beatles, please can you show McCartney with a shell about to drop on his head? I'd be much obliged.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Glynn,

I've been having a look at your Dumb Waiter under the Imgur microscope and I am even more impressed with your build than I was before. Very tidy.

As for the paintwork, everything looks great, especially the exhaust and the wood.

I understand your dilemma over the colour of your mud - always a problem - but I would have thought a yellowy colour would be okay for a sandy-soiled area, or building site, or an area of collapsed/destroyed buildings where concrete, gravel, sand, mortar etc might be laying about. 

If I were you and HAD to change the mud colour, I'd use washes. The mud structure is fine though and doesn't need removing in my opinion.

BTW If you do, for some unfathomably mad reason, paint you figures to look like the Beatles, please can you show McCartney with a shell about to drop on his head? I'd be much obliged.

Rearguards,

Badder

3 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Hi Glynn,

I'm just catching up with a few buids in the GB.

This is outstanding work to date; looks to be a masterpiece in the making!! :clap:

Cheers

Nigel

Thanks nigel, I don't know about masterpiece, but I'm enjoying the build and weathering, and this year could very well be 90%armour, still plenty of time to mess it up

Cheers badder, when I did those pigments on the tracks I didn't realise till after the photos how yellow they were, I've not removed the Hull stuff just toned down the tracks a lot, fenders are on and pretty much done, a few details still to go on that and I'll move on to the Ammo and  box,a few amended pics

a1fCNQ0.jpg

2Gg5LqC.jpg

YBowfrL.jpg

PUIDLxi.jpg

u8XZ3nS.jpg

• Like 3

After a couple of short shifts at work I've finished the shlepper, I know it isn't to everyones liking on the colour, but it has turned out just as I wanted, I'm happy with the heavily weathered  and bleached appearance, things I'd have done differently, the crane cables, terrible job, maybe I'll revisit that in the future, the shlepper staff are in paint but I have to get some polyfiller for the base, may be toward the end of the gb

Here she is

gFa8AM4.jpg

0m0bPiP.jpg

FRNO4D1.jpg

6xVaMUv.jpg

uhQLdSY.jpg

7vqVoYB.jpg

t81wJ4L.jpg

Cheers

Glynn 

• Like 4

Well Hewy, I think this is one of the strangest subjects on this group build.  I like strange

Negatives. I think the wires are too fluffy.

Positives.  I think that the level of weathering is magnificent, since this is a vehicle that wasn't in the rough and tumble of combat, but was in a more controlled support role.

Your paint effects, especially the wood, is stunning.

Looking forward to seeing it in its appropriate surroundings and manned.

Cheers

Paul 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, diases said:

Well Hewy, I think this is one of the strangest subjects on this group build.  I like strange

Negatives. I think the wires are too fluffy.

Positives.  I think that the level of weathering is magnificent, since this is a vehicle that wasn't in the rough and tumble of combat, but was in a more controlled support role.

Your paint effects, especially the wood, is stunning.

Looking forward to seeing it in its appropriate surroundings and manned.

Cheers

Paul 

Paul I agree about the cable, terrible job, unfortunately I superglued them in place then painted them, they were taught and smooth before paint, and then😳rrrgr. the PE is so delicate on the end of the crane it will definitely  self destruct when I fix it, but I will revisit that in the future but for now I'm off to build a T54 in the 50s nato-warpac gb, thanks

Glynn 

32 minutes ago, wimbledon99 said:

I said this was a masterpiece in the making and I'm going to say I wasn't wrong.

Glynn, :wow:, it's stunning in my opinion :gobsmacked:

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Cheers mate glad you like it

:wow:Glynn that is utterly, utterly stunning!

I have just been drooling over your photos. Absolutely brilliant modelling! Love the painting and weathering!

In my opinion this is your best model yet!

Thank you for building it in this GB!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PlaStix said:

:wow:Glynn that is utterly, utterly stunning!

I have just been drooling over your photos. Absolutely brilliant modelling! Love the painting and weathering!

In my opinion this is your best model yet!

Thank you for building it in this GB!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

High praise indeed stix, and much appreciated, I do like how it's turned out, cheers mate

• Like 1