1/35 Fahrgestell munitionsshlepper

Hewy

Pz. Kpfw iv ausf d/e fahrgestell munitionsshlepper, in layman's terms, a shell loading crane for the  massive Karl - gerat  morters, a trumpeter kit with a decent amount of pe included an a couple of nicely milled metal shells, and a choice of link or band tracks, I should be making a start on this in the next couple of days

Glynn 

dp92WW9.jpg

K1G1U1D.jpg

• Like 10

Wow! Now that looks an impressive vehicle and I really like the look of the kit with all the goodies in the box! 

Looking forward to seeing your progress. :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hewy said:

That etch may take some time, 

....mmmmmm.......probably...........:winkgrin: :wicked:

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Thanks, but I suppose I'm going to have to invest in the Karl-gerat  mortar to go with it when it's done

Absolutely! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

6 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Absolutely! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Ha, I'm daft enough to get it too (you seen how much it costs) mmm I'll have to import it from china😛, then I'll have to get the railway carriage transport, and the 1/35 kriegslocomotive br52  to pull it, and some 1/35 tracks for the proper set up

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Nice looking kit Glynn, looking forward to seeing this one come together. You get a nice amount of PE for your money.

You do Ozzy, and if it don't turn out I'm weighing it  in at the scrappy to recoup some of the costs for the years gb's😛, I reckon I'll have enough cash for one of them fancy Dan big lancs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's a cracking looking lump of metal Glynn. You should win the GB on that choice alone! How on earth did you discover that that  kit, or indeed the actual 'vehicle', even existed?

I knew it existed, because whilst working for M16 I 'overheard' this conversation in the Trumpeter office (tranlated from Mandarin)

'What's the most obscure WWII German AFV ever?'

'The Kampfspringstab I'

'I just googled ''springstab'' and Wikipedia mentioned the Kampspringstab, with 7 having been built for the SS. Only 4 of those were ever used though. 3 broke down on their way to the Eastern front.  But then I found the Fahrgestell Munitionsshlepper. Only 3 of those were built, so we'll go for that instead.'

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've made a minimal start wheels are together using badder build now clean up later method

L6TxHaz.jpg

I  also know how badder likes to peruse sprue shots so, just a few

nrVF6bE.jpg

dr9To1V.jpg

UupiVJ7.jpg

Ber2T6o.jpg

And a picture of what can only be described as ejector pin world, I shall have my work cut out here as I want to open some doors and hatches🤔

OQFqacF.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Good you've managed to make a start Glynn. And thank you for the sprue photos! It is an impressive looking kit - I think that's the most PE I have seen inluded in a kit!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Good you've managed to make a start Glynn. And thank you for the sprue photos! It is an impressive looking kit - I think that's the most PE I have seen inluded in a kit!

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers stix the wheels had flash on the mating surfaces, it seems its all  going to be a test fit and fettle jobby🙄

29 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Cheers stix the wheels had flash on the mating surfaces, it seems its all  going to be a test fit and fettle jobby🙄

That's a shame. I've been surprised by how many seams and bits of flash there's been on my kit. You kind of hope more modern kits would be better than this.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

I've got the mundane task of all the wheels assembled,and cleaned up  also  the bogeys  are on one side, and they articulate quite well, which will help when it comes to levelling it up

qbBa52J.jpg

And it looks like there's some fun to be had on the weathering, well used I reckon

zrylcCC.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Hewy

Agree, a very interesting subject indeed. Really interested in the end product on this one. And as has been said, terrific amount of PE in with it. 

Would like your opinion on Trumpeter these days. I've only built one Trumpeter to date, the "Sturer Emil" (still underway. Wasn't have with some accuracy and lack of direction on actual fit location etc. Maybe they've come along more so now 10 years or so. Make a note as you go any issues on the build if you could.

The bogey suspension units look an interesting build. The Dragon one's had 5 parts (bit over the top). I like how in yours it represents actual construction.

Looking good though........:yes:

Regards

Simon.

• Thanks 1

A difficult fit all round I'm afraid, some nicely molded parts but a tight fit and flash almost everywhere ,  some of the PE  Doesn't bring much to the party, and is downright unnecessary, but we'll see, unfortunately I'm not even going to attempt the link tracks, three locating lugs  and flash to boot, life's too short, a. m here I think,  I've got the Hull pretty much together, after dry fitting and fettling of the mating surfaces it's a decent fit with no horror stories, the bogeys move quite well I'm pleased with them, it's a weathering and chipping dream isn't it😍, it's going to be dirty, btw this kit harks from 2006 (does that excuse them, mmm) cheers simon

• Like 1

Well done with the lower hull, suspension units and wheels. They all look very good. I like the photo of the real one and it does look like you'll have weathering fun! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

You have opened the “saggy track” debate again with that pic 🙂 i’ll refer back to it when I come to put my rubber band tracks on. I’m with you on the individual track links 😫

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yetifan said:

You have opened the “saggy track” debate again with that pic 🙂 i’ll refer back to it when I come to put my rubber band tracks on. I’m with you on the individual track links 😫

R e the saggy track saga😛 there's the odd photo of this munitionsshlepper on the net with extremely saggy tracks, so much so that they look like they could come off, then in  this  picture they're as tight as can be, and  this photo shows certainly a very used and abused  vehicle by the looks of it, but tight sagless tracks, yf get those bands on! 😉It don't matter which 

• Haha 2