1/35 Tamiya Jagdpanzer IV/70 Lang+++FINISHED+++

GREG DESTEC

14 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Very impressive work on the paintwork Greg - well done on the dots - they look great. I've got to give this type of camo a try at some point. 

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix, 

I'd love to see your take on this scheme as we both brush paint. The dots were time consuming mind 😵

Cheers Greg 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Nice composition, it is very good ... maybe with the weathering I was more integrated the effect...:popcorn:

Cheers mate 👍

Thanks FrancisGL,

I have added more weathering to the running gear as it looked too clean. 

Almost finished the main build as I am adding the crew figures now.

Cheers Greg 🍺👍

• 3 weeks later...

Stunning 'Corn Chip' camo Greg, especially for brush-painted chips.

It helps to have a great 3 colour scheme to start off with, I suppose - but that's a great 3 colour scheme! Lovely balance and superb almost 'jigsaw puzzle' outlines. I love it.

I've had to put a stop to buying new kits, but this one has me sorely tempted. You've done an inspirational job and I can't wait to see the finished article.

Rearguards

Badder

• Thanks 1

Greetings chaps!

I am calling this one done. I could faff about with it a bit more but to what end??

I have added a few bits to the deck and given the crew personal weapons etc. I did have grand plans to mount it on a base but as is the usual with my tank builds i run out of patience. I have learned there is so much more to these models than wingy things.

I have posted in the gallery but heres a couple more shots for your "entertainment".

Thanks to all for your comments and likes along the way, Cheers Greg

33320237268_ed5a6d70c3_z.jpg

33320237118_9628e769d4_z.jpg

32253716377_441917ce7b_z.jpg

33320237448_d7860b685c_z.jpg

• Like 12

30 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Smashing job Greg, great figures too

Thank you Glynn 😁,

I am not a great figure painted but wanted to add the crew as I think they finish off the tank nicely.

Cheers Greg

13 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

great figure painted

There's nothing wrong with those  Greg, never had any success with figures myself, I'd love to master them , the camo on your figures coats looks bang on  the money

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Plasto said:

The model looks good.

you might want to have a look at the white balance on those images they look really ‘red’ to me... which is a shame as the model looks great..

Thanks Plasto 👍

My photo set up is rather primitive, and lighting is a problem in the man cave. I may have another go and repost if they turn out better.

Cheers Greg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Thanks Plasto 👍

My photo set up is rather primitive, and lighting is a problem in the man cave. I may have another go and repost if they turn out better.

Cheers Greg

Ok find something a mid grey tone ( such as a pot of paint) and shoot an image with that in the frame next to the model. When you find a free photo editing programme you can use this image to sample the grey tone from the paint pot to get the right colour balance.

Also switch off the date stamp function..

HTH

• Thanks 1

Hi Greg. hope you are well. I was so pleased when I was checking out the Gallery to see that your build was finished and in there! It does look absolutley stunning. Your paintwork and finish really are superb! Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. hope you are well. I was so pleased when I was checking out the Gallery to see that your build was finished and in there! It does look absolutley stunning. Your paintwork and finish really are superb! Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix,

Thanks for the kind comments. I was quite pleased with the paint job but it took a lot more effort as a three time scheme for brush painting. If was was to do another I would go for two to be max 😁

It's been a really good GB with excellent input from the other builders. 

By the time the Tiger GB comes around I will be up for another AFV.

🍺 Greg

• Like 3

Hi Greg,

A great job all round. 

You do need better photos for the gallery though, to show it off at its best. (I haven't looked in there yet to see if you've done anything about the lighting/colour balance)

If you're a luddite like me when it comes to photo-editing, camera settings etc it might prove easier to take the photos outside in daylight (night time is no good, I've found)

Glad to hear you really enjoyed the GB, and great to read you're planning on entering the Tiger GB.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badder said:

Hi Greg,

A great job all round. 

You do need better photos for the gallery though, to show it off at its best. (I haven't looked in there yet to see if you've done anything about the lighting/colour balance)

If you're a luddite like me when it comes to photo-editing, camera settings etc it might prove easier to take the photos outside in daylight (night time is no good, I've found)

Glad to hear you really enjoyed the GB, and great to read you're planning on entering the Tiger GB.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder 👍

I'm pleased you like model. I agree the photos are a bit pants. I will try again, and you are correct about my photo editing etc. It's something I need to improve on. If the weather is good at the weekend I will try and redo the photos outside. 

I have a couple of Tigers ready for that GB I just need to decide which one to build. 

Cheers Greg 😁

• Like 1

Very good work, I really like the finish, and I would like the photos to be more detailed, especially to see better the figures, which seem very well finished, and see the color of their costumes as it is.
As Badder says, some photos according to the work done is highly recommended.
You could try to manually adjust the white balance of the phone or camera, radically change the tone of the photo, and the most appropriate light is the "daylight", not necessarily natural ... lol, a good lamp will do the job, like this, you save the cold passing ...:cold:

Cheers Greg 👍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Very good work, I really like the finish, and I would like the photos to be more detailed, especially to see better the figures, which seem very well finished, and see the color of their costumes as it is.
As Badder says, some photos according to the work done is highly recommended.
You could try to manually adjust the white balance of the phone or camera, radically change the tone of the photo, and the most appropriate light is the "daylight", not necessarily natural ... lol, a good lamp will do the job, like this, you save the cold passing ...:cold:

Cheers Greg 👍

Thanks Francis 👍

Hopefully I get a chance to retake some photos at the weekend.

🍺 Greg

• Haha 1

40307402293_ac98aa02d5_z.jpg

40307402283_b7145a57f5_z.jpg

I knocked a bit of the saturation out on the second image.   I just used the edit tool on my phone. The new photos you have done are better.. The date has gone for example.

Hard to know what the model looks like in reality. To me the images seem skewed to red. But that’s what it might look like in reality. Try the neutral grey trick shoot an image with a pot of paint in the image that has a neutral grey lid.  You can use that as a reference to correct any colour cast..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Plasto said:

40307402293_ac98aa02d5_z.jpg

40307402283_b7145a57f5_z.jpg

I knocked a bit of the saturation out on the second image.   I just used the edit tool on my phone. The new photos you have done are better.. The date has gone for example.

Hard to know what the model looks like in reality. To me the images seem skewed to red. But that’s what it might look like in reality. Try the neutral grey trick shoot an image with a pot of paint in the image that has a neutral grey lid.  You can use that as a reference to correct any colour cast..

Thanks Plasto,

Your edited image looks better. I couldn't get outside to take the photos as it was raining here most of the day. I may try again and use the photo editor as well.

Cheers Greg