1/35 Tamiya Jagdpanzer IV/70 Lang+++FINISHED+++

GREG DESTEC

Greetings!

Here is my entry to the GB - Tamiya's recent new tool of the Jagdpazer IV/70. It looks to a be a straightforward build and does not appear to require that cement paste render seen on a lot of German AFV's.

This will be a place holder at present as i am still finishing off a couple of builds for the Pacific GB.

45232360075_693dbdc65e_z.jpg

45411894105_b4ed1bec90_z.jpg

46324337711_0b0ca26867_z.jpg

I plan to do the version with the "ambush" camo as in the last picture.

Thanks for looking, Cheers Greg

Edited by GREG DESTEC
Titles
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. That looks like a very impressive kit, as usual, from Tamika. Looking forward to seeing your progress once you get started. :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers Stix,

I am looking forward to starting an armour project for a change. If time allows I would like to make a small base for it too and add a couple of figures. 

All the best 

Greg:thumbsup:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Cheers Stix,

I am looking forward to starting an armour project for a change. If time allows I would like to make a small base for it too and add a couple of figures. 

All the best 

Greg:thumbsup:

I do hope you get time too! I'd like to see this on a base. They were impressive looking beasts these Jagdpanzers.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

I do hope you get time too! I'd like to see this on a base. They were impressive looking beasts these Jagdpanzers.

Kind regards,

Stix

Yes indeed they are! 

If the build progresses quickly then I may go for a base. If this is the case then it would be unlikely I would manage an additional Panzer. I have a couple more candidates in the stash in different scales. 

Need to get to the bench now and finish the Pacific builds....

Cheers Greg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hewy said:

Nice choice of scheme Greg,  old tamiya armour kits are great aren't they. 

Thanks Hewy,

This is a new tool Tamiya. You don't see a lot of the old ones about these days. They released a new tool Brumbar recently too.

Cheers Greg

• Like 2

Oh I didn't know it was new mold, it looks by the label you maybe got this from the hobby craft Black Friday sales, I only know because I went a bit barmy in there too😛

Nice price for a new mold! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hewy said:

Oh I didn't know it was new mold, it looks by the label you maybe got this from the hobby craft Black Friday sales, I only know because I went a bit barmy in there too😛

Nice price for a new mold! 

Yeah I got it from Hobbycraft but it was a while ago, and I have to confess that I got it purely as it was a very good price. 

Cheers Greg 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another one to watch. I am a mechanised infanteer and as such have a soft spot for AT weapons. BTW how far can a tanker count? 

TANG One: picture nervous tanker.

TANG!!!!! Two: picture crying tanker. 

BANG!!!!! One-oh-six:Picture roasted tanker. 😄😄😄

Regards:

Shaun 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mahavelona said:

Good luck on your Jagdpanzer! Let me know if you'd appreciate a few digital copies of Jagdpanzer books...

Weren't too many of these in ambush schemes but they look so attractive! 

Cheers! 

That's very kind of you, any references would be of great help. Most pictures I have seen on the www are of knocked out subjects with holes in them.

As for the model I have started it and will post some photos later.

All the best Greg

Edited by GREG DESTEC
Spelling

On 12/21/2018 at 5:48 PM, FrancisGL said:

Interesting subject, I have always liked those Jadgpanzer "Guderian's Duck"...:popcorn:

Cheers mate :santa:

Thanks for your interest Francis :thumbsup:

The "duck" is now under construction.

Cheers Greg 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Hi Greg,

Great to see some progress at last.

You could always make a dio and tip your JP into a ditch?

Have a merry Christmas,

Badder

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Badder said:

Hi Greg,

Great to see some progress at last.

You could always make a dio and tip your JP into a ditch?

Have a merry Christmas,

Badder

Hi Badder,

The rate the build is progressing I could have time for a base, or just cake the under sides and running gear in mud! 

There will be more weathering added to the lower surfaces anyway so the foreshadowing experiment will be hidden and never spoken of again!!

Happy Christmas Greg 

• Like 1

Hi Greg. Great to see some progress photos and the paintwork looks good to me. As you say - if you are not happy with the undersides - it is very unlikely they'll be seen again! Good the kit is going together well.

Hope you and yours have a Very Merry Christmas.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. Great to see some progress photos and the paintwork looks good to me. As you say - if you are not happy with the undersides - it is very unlikely they'll be seen again! Good the kit is going together well.

Hope you and yours have a Very Merry Christmas.

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers Stix,

Merry Christmas to you too.

All the best Greg:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Afternoon folks,

Some progress pictures...

Note the last one is not all glued up just a dry fit to show what this will look like once its "whole". This is the firsy larger scale armor model i have built in a while and its quite a different experience to building aircraft. Painting all the rubber road wheels was monotonous but i have past that stage now. I recon i will do the tracks next, which are rubber band style not individual links thank God!

All in all its been a good kit so far. Once the tracks are sorted i may well do the 3 tone camouflage, which will be interesting. Thanks for looking, Greg.

31573892997_2aef511675_z.jpg

46514030251_19f9d5168c_z.jpg

46514029671_48fb7ccdd3_z.jpg

31573892737_3010762e71_z.jpg

• Like 8

Hi Greg

I am building the Dragon kit, and that does have individual track links.......anything for a laugh.  I built the old Tamiya one years ago, you had to find your own steel wheels for the front bogies and reduce the return rollers from four each side, but it looked good for it's age.  I considered the new Tamiya kit but I had this Dragon one in the stash so I thought I would join in the fun.

Bob

• Like 1