Aztec Models D48-048 decal sheet issues?

Uncle Uncool

Hi there, lads and lasses

Last Wednesday I’ve been intending to buy Aztec Models D48-048 "War for the Malvinas/Falklands Part 1" sheet, which as you all know, it’s long out of production now.

I remember having e-mailed Aztec early this year in order to see whether they would reprint this sheet (sheet availability show it as out of stock in the page), and had an e-mail reply from them saying that they would probably reprint this sheet in view of the number of new-tool kits released, which participated in that conflict (mind you, there’re still subjects coming out next year, such as the Kinetic 1/48 IA-58 Pucará kit and perhaps a Harrier GR.3 as well).

I know a couple local modellers who still had these sheets intact; one of them had it available for selling. It was when I called this modeller on the phone that I learnt from him that the sheet he’s got suffered from decal shattering which, unfortunately for me, prompted him to remove it from publication on a local page.

Then again, it was from this very same modeller that I learnt that there have been some other complaints regarding the decal shattering on this same sheet. This bloke said to me that he had purchased five of these sheets back in the day, and that it had only been this last sheet on which he had noticed the decals shattering, mostly the larger roundels - both Argentine and British - but also on the stencils warning of air suction on the A-4P intakes and some lettering, for instance. Here you’ve got some piccies he provided me with to show the shattering:

84R4jMK.jpg

r1uZHOq.jpg

IzOs9Fz.jpg

UBWOHh3.jpg

C8SymyA.jpg

YJpwPdz.jpg

9vYS8nd.jpg

For those of you who have these sheets still unused, could you please check whether or not your samples suffer from shattering as well?

Incidentally; and, if you wanted to sell yours, here you've got a safe buyer.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Unc2