Wirbelwind (the little one)

Davek72

The first paint is on and looks quite smart to my eyes.  Lots of weathering required but that will have to wait until the turret is done and that will have to wait until the new barrels arrive from RB Models.  

46530932041_3114117fe1_b.jpg

46530932061_bd9a8bf191_b.jpg

Dave

• Like 5

Hi Dave,

Good progress.

An unusual choice of colours for the camo scheme. but the pattern is nicely balanced. Is it an actual scheme that the instruction sheet suggests? If yes, where was the vehicle deployed?

Rearguards,

Badder

The Revell Panzer IV was the last 1/72 kit I built before giving up and moving to 1/48. You can reduce the gap with the rear plate but I never spoke to anyone who had managed to eliminate it. I doubt it is your fault :D

It is a very nice kit and I think the RB barrels will really lift it for not a lot of cash. I like the colour scheme as well. Not many of these got photographed so it'll be a brave person to challenge it too strongly. I would suggest toning down the steel on the tools a bit though, they were painted as issued (usually) and reflections could attract unwanted company with rockets, bombs, big cannon and malicious intent!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 2:05 PM, Badder said:

Hi Dave,

Good progress.

An unusual choice of colours for the camo scheme. but the pattern is nicely balanced. Is it an actual scheme that the instruction sheet suggests? If yes, where was the vehicle deployed?

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder

Sorry for the delay in responding I have been off line for weeks.

The scheme hopefully reflects the following kit scheme...

46566081122_045764ec59_b.jpg

The unit is supposedly...

32743892518_4a5bb40b30_b.jpg

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 2:45 PM, SleeperService said:

The Revell Panzer IV was the last 1/72 kit I built before giving up and moving to 1/48. You can reduce the gap with the rear plate but I never spoke to anyone who had managed to eliminate it. I doubt it is your fault :D

It is a very nice kit and I think the RB barrels will really lift it for not a lot of cash. I like the colour scheme as well. Not many of these got photographed so it'll be a brave person to challenge it too strongly. I would suggest toning down the steel on the tools a bit though, they were painted as issued (usually) and reflections could attract unwanted company with rockets, bombs, big cannon and malicious intent!

Thanks it’s been a lovely kit.   The RB barrels arrived yesterday and look lovely.

39802754863_0396f8b1b1_b.jpg

On the small side...

Dave

• Like 4

On 12/31/2018 at 8:00 PM, wimbledon99 said:

Wow, that's some serious progress!! It's looking nice, Dave :smile:

Happy New Year to you!! 🎆🎆

A very belated Happy New Year to you too.   Sorry for the radio silence.

Dave

On 1/1/2019 at 9:03 PM, PlaStix said:

Hi Dave. Great progress and the camo does look really good. Well done.  :thumbsup:

KInd regards,

Stix

Cheers Stix

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 3:22 PM, PlaStix said:

Hi Dave. Just wondering if there has been any progress with this project?

Kind regards,

Stix

Sorry for the lack of communication...work has been hectic.

Dave

• 1 month later...