Tamiya Spitfire mk1 1/48

Hi,

I have fancied building a ‘Dunkirk’ Spitfire since I saw ‘Dunkirk’ and enjoyed the exploits of the ‘fortis’ Spitfires on the big screen. 

So I have recently completed this Tamiya ‘Old tool’ spitfire mk1 as Adolphus ‘Sailor’ Malans’s aircraft. Decals are from the extensive ‘Aces of the Empire’ Sheets from Victory productions.

The build is simple. It’s painted in Mr Colour.  Weathering is kept minimal as I suppose an Op Dynamo Spit was still operating from a large airfield and the operational tempo was still reasonable to allow aircraft to reamain well looked after.

Hope you like it..

IMG_4633

IMG_4631

IMG_4630

IMG_4625

Cheers

Plasto

• Like 28

A very proper Spitfire indeed. It's gratifying to see the absence of heavily emphasised panel joints on the aft fuselage especially. 😉

To fully capture the look of a parked Spitfire, cutting out and drooping the elevators will dot the i:s…

Kind regards,

Joachim

33 minutes ago, Spitfire31 said:

A very proper Spitfire indeed. It's gratifying to see the absence of heavily emphasised panel joints on the aft fuselage especially. 😉

To fully capture the look of a parked Spitfire, cutting out and drooping the elevators will dot the i:s…

Kind regards,

Joachim

Sadly this is mostly ignored by manufacturers: From Tamiya and downwards.