C-47 Indian Air Force 1/72

Hi Guys,

I had an Italeri C-47/Dc-3 for some reason I was never able to complete it as it was too big for my shelf, however, a few weeks ago I saw a post where the IAF donated a C-47 to Bangladesh, thought why not I give it a go as other liveries of the IAF has done by fellow modeler. It was smoothly built, the only hard part was the thin strip of light and dark blue, I masked the whole line and paint it, some are little serpentine hehehe, Painting was done with Tamiya white and silver. I thought of giving some weathering effect, however, we donated in pristine condition so I didn't do any, hope it has turned out okay, cheers

Regards

DSC-6101.jpg

DSC-6102.jpg

DSC-6103.jpg

DSC-6108.jpg

DSC-6112.jpg

DSC-6115.jpg

• Like 39

23 hours ago, DennisTheBear said:

Nice livery! I haven't seen a Dak in Indian colours before.

DennisTheBear

Thanks, Dennis there are interesting camo in IAF service tho their images are hard to find online.

23 hours ago, Mr B said:

Nice one mate

pls post some close ups 

lovely subject n nicely done

reminds me of Sangam the movie

rgds

Brian will do so soon, Sangam has some interesting IAF footage especially the IAF Canberra I am planning to build a high-speed silver  Canberra .

18 hours ago, Ron Pearcy said:

Brilliant. 

Thanks, Mate

13 hours ago, F-32 said:

Absolutely wonderful :goodjob:

Thanks, F-32 much appreciated

Nice one, Tom. I remember the IAF Dak that was sat out at Palam for a long while as part of the museum collection, accompanied by another that was civil, I think. Yours is a nice rendition :)

Martin

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Nice one, Tom. I remember the IAF Dak that was sat out at Palam for a long while as part of the museum collection, accompanied by another that was civil, I think. Yours is a nice rendition :)

Martin

Thanks, Martin. The one I saw in Palam was a Yellow one with a bad tail, and later iirc the yellow was fixed and repainted as this one? Palam has some interesting collections but in a really sorry condition with spurious paint job.

2 minutes ago, tomthounaojam said:

Thanks, Martin. The one I saw in Palam was a Yellow one with a bad tail, and later iirc the yellow was fixed and repainted as this one? Palam has some interesting collections but in a really sorry condition with spurious paint job.

Hi again Tom, 

It  is actually a very good collection, badly let down by poor maintenance. The most the exhibits seem to receive is a lick of paint. The last I was there a gang of workers were applying yet another coat of thick silver to a Whirlwind outside. It was drying while still on the brush and they were smearing it on as a result. Pretty much everything there is show in the same silver. With that said the range of machines is fabulous, through the ever present Spitfire, through early jets like the Vampire, Ouragan and Mystere, to later jets like the Marut, Ajeet/Gnat, Hunter, Fishbed Flogger and Foxbat. There are historic types too and, of course heavy transports like the IL-4 and AN-12. I've been a few times and love it. I am always a little worried when asked to leave my bag in that open slot outside, though! 

I remember another elusive Dak at Yelahanka too. I think it was Border Police or something and was "preserved" in a hidden area. I think it has now gone.

Martin

13 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Hi again Tom, 

It  is actually a very good collection, badly let down by poor maintenance. The most the exhibits seem to receive is a lick of paint. The last I was there a gang of workers were applying yet another coat of thick silver to a Whirlwind outside. It was drying while still on the brush and they were smearing it on as a result. Pretty much everything there is show in the same silver. With that said the range of machines is fabulous, through the ever present Spitfire, through early jets like the Vampire, Ouragan and Mystere, to later jets like the Marut, Ajeet/Gnat, Hunter, Fishbed Flogger and Foxbat. There are historic types too and, of course heavy transports like the IL-4 and AN-12. I've been a few times and love it. I am always a little worried when asked to leave my bag in that open slot outside, though! 

I remember another elusive Dak at Yelahanka too. I think it was Border Police or something and was "preserved" in a hidden area. I think it has now gone.

Martin

Hi Martin, I agree with what you said, it is just silver paint even on the only known surviving Westland wapiti too, it a tragic sight to see and Lysander has a duct tape applied at the tail where there was some torn fabric. Yeah, Thugs of Hindustan lol.  Whirlwind is a Sikorsky S-19 and Mi-4 well it is even in worst state same for all museum exhibit and the Navy museum in Goa is the same condition. Last time I went with a friend with a friend from Malaysia, this time around there was an armed guard he said our belong will be looked after by him so we were ok. Martin next time you are in India, please do let me know, maybe we can have some mug of beers. Yelahanka, aha there must be and you know there is a C-46 commando too here, cheers

11 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

Very nice indeed.

Thanks buddy, cheers