Academy catalog 2019 - programme + newsletter 1, 2, 3 & 4/2019

Homebee

On 12/15/2018 at 3:18 PM, VMA131Marine said:

Interesting the the F3F says new tooling; I would have expected a rebox of the Accurate Miniatures kit. I guess we will have to wait and see if it really is all new.

I think it will be the Accurate Miniatures kit as Academy did the tooling g for them and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I hope they include the P/E fret that came with the AM original as it contains rather nifty rigging.

I note they have gone with VF-6 markings which was the only frontline USN Squadron to operate the -2. I wonder if they will include USMC decals as well?

Duncan B

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Big H lists Academy #12562 as a B-17G future release in 1:72; most likely just new decal options to go along with the old but good plastic. Anybody know more about this?

Edit: ok, I found a catalogue pic with the warbird GD*Y "Yankee Lady" in flight and mentions "new decals".

For me, with interest in building 381st BG Fortresses, that would be a lovely choice. Never mind the plane specific codes, but those black triangle-L:s would be nice to get kit-supplied, as Kits-World charges 5 pounds per plane for them, plus the fuselage codes.

49 minutes ago, Hornet133 said:

The Dragon MiG-15 mould went to Zvezda NOT Academy

I doubt the Dragon MiG-15 mould went anywhere but is still with Dragon. Most likely, Zvezda and Academy bought bagged shots from Dragon and added their own instructions, decals and box. This is a very common practice among model manufacturers. 

Yes, Eduard have previously reboxed the Academy P47 and P38 in 1/48, plus the ex accurate miniatures SDB-5 Dauntless, moulds now in the hands of Academy

As Eduard have tooled the Hellcat and P39 in 1/48 plus the mig 15 in 1/72 I would think we may  well see these Eduard kits in Academy boxes

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/07/2019 at 03:03, Robert said:

Or the Hellcat and Mig-15 are both from Eduard ?

Im wondering this....the mig-15 is not dragon or hobby boss (which has the heavier windscreen mounting "shelf")  plus the small antennae  under the fuselauge, the pic is of an eduard mig-15....

...hopefully  thats what will be in the box...if at a reasonable price then this is very welcome news!!!!!

On 7/1/2019 at 9:09 PM, Hornet133 said:

VMA131Marine

Try reading the following, particularly post #5 which shows that Zvezda brought the MiG-15 mould from Dragon outright, NOT leased.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235033368-172-mig-15-fagot-by-zvezda-plastic-dragon-models-released/&tab=comments#comment-2943549

So heresay about heresay is proof now?

That said, it's a crap model compared to the Eduard kit so I can see why Dragon might want to get rid of it. They have not, to my knowledge sold any of their other tooling.