Academy catalog 2019 - programme + newsletter 1, 2, 3 & 4/2019

Homebee

5 hours ago, Robert said:

Are those East German markings missing something ?

Robert

No, those are early GDR markings.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Released - 1/48th - ref. 12333 - Bell P-39K/N Airacobra "Pacific Theatre"

Source: http://www.academy.co.kr/6q/board_news_main.asp?pMenuId=BOARD00002&pCode=12010&pCategory=NEWS1

Instructions: http://www.academy.co.kr/6q/board_news_main.asp?pMenuId=BOARD00008&pCode=12011&pCategory=PLA

12333-P-39-KN-kor.jpg

V.P

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Borisz said:

I wish they would dump that MCP snap kits. Its gross. Look at that F-35. Looks like a toy. And all the others. 😕

The F-35 is not a snap kit, and it's actually the best F-35 on the market IMHO.

7 hours ago, Borisz said:

I wish they would dump that MCP snap kits. Its gross. Look at that F-35. Looks like a toy. And all the others. 😕

From what I have read around here, the F-4J and F/A-18E/F snap kits from Academy are actually rather good. The shape is correct and not toy-like, unlike their less detailed T-50 and F-16 snap kits. As for the F-35, I don't think that's a snap kit. Multi-coloured parts are not everyone's taste (and I don't like it either), but hey, black basing is a good answer.

Academy F-35 is best Lighting II in this  scale (and posible most cheap...). But i understand now, why Academy make experiment in complexisivity and scale - i speak about their new USS Missouri and USS Enterprise. In last years make 1/350 (i have their USS Indianapolis and is very nice)battle cruisers and battleships - and now released a USS  Missouri in  1/400 ? I was a disappointed, because i hope in Iowa Class in WW 2  config in 1/350, and now released "Old Miss" in  strange scale and simplified details (Indianapolis is better). Yup, it is here a Very Fire WW2  config Missouri, but i never saw this kit in my  own eyes and don´t know it is a good kit, or not. And when i look on their HP Academy have many strange (too asian) toy-like kits... I many years hope for long nosed F-4 Phantom II (especially F-4E) in 1/48, and nothing, simple - nothing ! Academy re-boxed an Accurate, now Eduard... - but in 1/48 or 1/32 don´t make any real  new tool. Yes, have gorgeous  (and cheap !) state of art Bell AH-1Z  "Viper" in 1/35 - but that´s all, folks !!! Not another  Phantom II, not another Hornet (in 1/32 - i desperate need an accurate "Super Hornet" ! Revell is tragic and Trumpeter isn´t too accurate.) But this is a little problem by other traditional scale models companies - Revell, Italeri, Hasegawa, Tamiya - all going to toys or asian specified strange kits and on standard kits simple resigned...   

1 hour ago, Tyas said:

From what I have read around here, the F-4J and F/A-18E/F snap kits from Academy are actually rather good. The shape is correct and not toy-like, unlike their less detailed T-50 and F-16 snap kits. As for the F-35, I don't think that's a snap kit. Multi-coloured parts are not everyone's taste (and I don't like it either), but hey, black basing is a good answer.

Apart from the simplified exhausts, the F-15E snap kit is also very good and an easy build. And you can get excellent 3D printed exhaust nozzles in the open or closed configurations from KA Models.

On 10/06/2019 at 12:26, vppelt68 said:

Big H lists Academy #12562 as a B-17G future release in 1:72; most likely just new decal options to go along with the old but good plastic. Anybody know more about this?

Edit: ok, I found a catalogue pic with the warbird GD*Y "Yankee Lady" in flight and mentions "new decals".

For me, with interest in building 381st BG Fortresses, that would be a lovely choice. Never mind the plane specific codes, but those black triangle-L:s would be nice to get kit-supplied, as Kits-World charges 5 pounds per plane for them, plus the fuselage codes.

Right, quoting myself isn't as bad as voting own build in a group build vote, I hope... I've been waiting for more information about this new edition of B-17G paint schemes, really interested in it. Suddenly my mind did some math... Academy and Airfix co-operate, now as the most recent edition of Airfix's new tool B-17G has just an off-the-shelf Kits-World decal sheet added into it, what if Academy is doing exactly the same thing with the K-W Yankee Lady/Texas Raiders sheet, as the Yankee Lady appears in their catalogue picture? I don't actually complain, a lot, but if the industry moves towards this, in the end we will lose as the model manufacturers end developing or sourcing out NEW decal options for their kits - this regardless of a possible bargain in combined pricing for the kit+decalsheet.

On 10/06/2019 at 12:26, vppelt68 said:

• 1 month later...

Released (plastic ex-Accurate Miniatures - link) - 1/48th - ref.12330 - Vought V-156-B1 "Chesapeake"

Sources: 

http://www.academy.co.kr/6q/board_news_main.asp?pMenuId=BOARD00002&pCode=12050&pCategory=NEWS1

http://www.academy.co.kr/6q/board_news_main.asp?pMenuId=BOARD00008&pCode=12049&pCategory=PLA

Sans-titre.jpg

12330-V-156-B1-Chesapeake-kor.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

On 8/19/2019 at 12:56 PM, Tyas said:

The F-15E is also rather good. It is improved with the addition of the KA Models engine nozzles as the kit items are very simplified.

On 8/19/2019 at 2:02 PM, AlCZ said:

(in 1/32 - i desperate need an accurate "Super Hornet" ! Revell is tragic and Trumpeter isn´t too accurate.)

I haven’t heard of any major problems with the new Revell Super Bug. I’ve followed the discussions on Large Scale Planes quite closely and while there was concern about the shape of the fuselage behind the cockpit, the conclusion was that Revell basically got this right. I buy the Revell over the over-priced Trumpeter kit any day.

• Like 1

I read a kit was is very difficult to build, may be a horror to build. I have it, and first when i saw it have a 300 parts only, i can a quick build. But i when read a negative experiences (and tested it on air intakes for clima/Life support system beyond the tails - i lost my will can build this kit :( Maybe i test it - Super Bug is a really my favourite jet.... but i was very sceptic....

• 2 months later...