Academy catalog 2019 - programme + newsletter 1, 2, 3 & 4/2019

Homebee

5 hours ago, B.sin said:

A new tool?

AFAIK there is only one 1/144 B-1 previously released, and that was the Panda kit, later rebooted by Dragon.  From the photos of the Doyusha announcement, this is clearly not that kit. Three proper bomb bays instead of two, separate slats etc.  And, for those that can read Japanese, the red box on the announcement says "new mold".

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, LanceB said:

AFAIK there is only one 1/144 B-1 previously released, and that was the Panda kit, later rebooted by Dragon.  From the photos of the Doyusha announcement, this is clearly not that kit. Three proper bomb bays instead of two, separate slats etc.  And, for those that can read Japanese, the red box on the announcement says "new mold".

Thank you.

3 hours ago, LanceB said:

There's also an old Monogram snap-together kit.

Interesting the the F3F says new tooling; I would have expected a rebox of the Accurate Miniatures kit. I guess we will have to wait and see if it really is all new.

Edited by VMA131Marine
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sofiane1718 said:

And a great news for me that it's 1/144,  will go great along the Trumpeter/Zvezda Tu-160 :D

The Trumpeter and Zvezda Tu-160 kits are completely different toolings. I think Zvezda's is probably the better of the two.

Edited by VMA131Marine

53 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

The Trumpeter and Zvezda Tu-160 kits are completely different toolings. I think Zvezda's is probably the better of the two.

Yup, I know they are different toolings, and personnaly I prefered the Trumpeter one with finer recessed panel lines.

Revell USA had a B-1 in 1/144. Got mine in a combo set with a B-52H And a B-2. Long since sold on so I can’t remember how nice it was. All I can remember is that one of the kits was a real dog and the other two were very good.

2 hours ago, Trenton guy said:

Revell USA had a B-1 in 1/144. Got mine in a combo set with a B-52H And a B-2. Long since sold on so I can’t remember how nice it was. All I can remember is that one of the kits was a real dog and the other two were very good.

The B-1 was the dog. It didn't come with any landing gear for one thing. It might not have been too bad shapewise.

8 hours ago, At Sea said:

Shame it's not 1/72.

I have a SAC collection planned in 1/72...

But Modelcollect has a 1/72 B-1B planned.

3 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

The B-1 was the dog. It didn't come with any landing gear for one thing. It might not have been too bad shapewise.

But Modelcollect has a 1/72 B-1B planned.

YES!

9 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

Interesting the the F3F says new tooling; I would have expected a rebox of the Accurate Miniatures kit. I guess we will have to weight and see if it really is all new.

I would think your bang on with this

• Like 1

On 14/12/2018 at 21:00, LanceB said:

This is the announcement for their reboxing, Doyusha puts Academy kits in their boxes to get around the "import ban" on Academy kits.

Is that because of a Japan/Korea rivalry or something much deeper?

I still can't believe I haven't bought their Ta 183 though.

12 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Is that because of a Japan/Korea rivalry or something much deeper?

It is because Academy copied two of Tamiya's 1/25 tank kits.  Mr. Tamiya did not take kindly to that, and anyone who tries to be an official importer for Academy finds

themselves to be persona non grata at the Shizuoka Hobby Show.  Doyusha has gotten away with reboxing Academy kits in Doyusha boxes (but with Academy boxart!),

and some of the larger hobby shops are apparently buying direct from Academy now, so the kits are available but at a premium.  So no - nothing to do with Japan/Korea

rivalry, everything to do with a business rivalry.

• Like 2